Our vision, with quality journalism at the heart, is to pioneer new ways to serve 10 million registered users and 1 million subscribers, by 2023, a vision we all stand behind.
This is a brand new role within our CRM team, reporting to the Head of CRM, and has responsibility for planning, implementing, and providing insight from all email testing across the business. You will work closely with key stakeholders across Subscriptions, Editorial Newsletters, and Insight & Analytics to devise robust, scientific testing programmes and provide a feedback loop of results cross-department.
You will have a strong understanding of testing principles and associated data (writing hypotheses, achieving statistically significant results, making recommendations), and hands-on technical experience of implementing email testing, ideally with Adobe Campaign. Results-driven, you will understand how to develop a programme of tests to achieve incremental improvements in business KPIs.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you'll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We've also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
- As an email optimisation expert, you will work with the business to help identify which tests will best achieve the business requirements.
- Develop robust test plans that have clearly defined hypotheses, are structured with control cells and that drive statistically significant results
- Inform criteria for all email tests that deliver incremental improvements in email performance, against business KPIs (for example email opens, engagement, sales conversion etc)
- Coordinate all email testing activities across the business to encompass Subscriptions and Editorial newsletters, ensuring forward planning of test plans, and work with the CRM team to deliver them.
- Encourage a testing mindset across the business - educating on what constitutes a ‘good' test programme
- Work with our Insights & Analytics (I&A) department to ensure correct data segments are applied to all email tests, and that accurate reporting is in place.
- Extract relevant insight and provide regular updates to the business on how testing strategy is tracking
- Work with I&A, Email Developers and the CRM Team for operational delivery of the tests. This could involve hands-on building of the test plans in Adobe Campaign
- A passion for all things digital, particularly digital and email marketing.
- A deep understanding of testing and optimisation methodologies
- Extensive experience of developing and implementing email test plans
- A proven track record in delivering test plans that have made incremental improvements to email KPIs
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills and an ability to work with competing priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent stakeholder management - able to communicate complex information simply and coherently, and influence people when needed.
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams including Insight/ Data and Marketing
- Proactive and motivated to succeed
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Experience with Adobe Campaign would be a bonus or another enterprise solution for marketing automation
The Telegraph's goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.