Bark is the UK’s largest & fastest growing services marketplace, helping people find the right professional for their project in over 1,500 unique categories. The business is already profitable with a proven model but has the feel of a start-up with a small team of just over 65 people and most of its work still to do.
We use cutting-edge technology and an extraordinarily talented team of people to solve an age-old problem; how to find the best available professional for any job, every time no matter what the need.
Bark is a dynamic, exciting, early stage business – but with the financial security of a privately owned, revenue generating established company – so you get all the benefits of working in a start-up environment (ownership, agility, responsibility and stimulation) without any of the worry.
We recently celebrated 6th place in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 of fastest growing private tech companies in the UK. With a presence in eight countries globally and imminent plans for further expansion, you can join us at a genuinely exciting time on this journey.
About the role
We’re on the hunt for a dynamic, experienced Senior Email Marketer. You’ll plan and execute our email marketing strategy for all segments of the customer and professional lifecycles.
The ideal candidate is someone who’s had proven successes in customer lifecycle marketing, be up to date on email best practices, and have a desire to create powerful, personalised digital campaigns that resonate with audiences and get results.
- Grow the business using owned channels
- Plan and execute the email and cross channel comms strategy for B2B and B2C audiences globally (8 countries), including the testing program
- Create, manage, optimize, and report on email campaigns and tests for triggered and blast campaigns, for both professional and customer audiences
- Work closely with our Analytics team to manage the customer and professional database, with a focus on retention and engagement
- Create engaging content in order to generate demand, to upsell and cross-sell, but also to build brand affinity and drive retention
- Create testing roadmap based on expected business value
- Developing customer lifecycle roadmap based on personas
- Create tailored campaigns based on specific professional services but also operate at scale
- Work with product and tech teams to create tools, experiences and customer journeys to continue improving owned channels
- Conduct weekly and monthly insightful analysis and share recommendations to further improve email performance
- Maintain documentation for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email
- Leading the appointment and integration of CRM tools
Skills and experience
- 5+ years in an email marketing/CRM role, ideally in a marketplace
- Expert in Iterable, or similar email service providers
- Experience in growing business through owned channels
- Familiarity with analytical and database tools
- Have experience with app based lifecycle marketing
- Comfortable with varying briefs, and large amounts of autonomy
- Ability to build strong relationships across varying teams in the business
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Data-driven approach with excellent strategic and analytical thinking skills
- Knowledge and capability of HTML coding and CSS are desirable
- Data literate, passionate about analysing results and motivated by driving success in the form of revenue and profit
- Highly organised, with great attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Proactive - comfortable with reporting to key stakeholders and contributing new email ideas
- Proven experience of working on lifecycle automated campaigns
- Proven success in a fast-moving, dynamic environment such as a start-up or scale-up business is highly desirable
Some of our benefits
- Share options in a rapidly growing company whose founders have a proven track record
- Private health insurance
- Flexible working policy
- Free on-site bark employee private gym
- Monthly socials and massive parties
- Fully stocked kitchen and weekly team lunches
- Be at the forefront of an industry with new and exciting problems to solve!