Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Associate, Lifecycle Email Marketing to join our Retention Marketing team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? In this role, you will help deliver a world-class email experience for our subscribers and will be instrumental in driving customer engagement and improving customer retention. The right candidate is a data-driven problem solver and detail-oriented individual who is excited to contribute to the growth, development, and successful execution of our lifecycle email campaigns. You will report to the Senior Manager, Email & Lifecycle Marketing based out of our headquarters in SoHo, New York City.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you'll do:
- Own the development of our lifecycle emails from initial concept and briefing through asset delivery and execution, partnering closely with the creative team in the development of all lifecycle email assets
- Leverage data-driven insights to inform and optimize the content, cadence, and targeting strategies of our automated trigger messages for both existing and prospective customers
- Develop recommendations for and implement A/B tests to optimize for revenue, engagement, and retention
- Manage the email build, routing & QA process for lifecycle campaigns, ensuring emails are delivered flawlessly and accurately across all devices and inbox environments
- Expand our personalization strategies, leveraging features such as dynamic content and product recommendations throughout our lifecycle program
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Loyalty, CX, Insights, International, Retail, etc.) to support other teams’ needs through the email lifecycle program
- Regularly audit lifecycle campaigns to ensure they remain up-to-date and accurate, maintaining clear and organized documentation of all triggered and transactional emails along the way
- Monitor and report on email deliverability, reputation, and inbox placement rates to ensure optimal performance and inbox placement across the program
- Expand and optimize our strategies to drive subscriber sign-ups across multiple touchpoints
- Research, identify, and act on new opportunities in the email marketing landscape, such as interactive features, accessibility, personalization & other new capabilities
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of relevant work experience, including at least 1 year of experience in an email marketing role
- You have experience with an ESP such as SendGrid, Klaviyo, Iterable, or Braze
- You’re proficient in HTML/CSS and responsive email design
- You have an eye for detail, ensuring accuracy of all copy, links, and template designs in various inbox environments
- You’re highly organized and take a process-oriented approach to all you do
- You’re a self-starter who takes initiative and excels in time management
- You love data and have experience with data analysis tools such as Looker, Google Analytics, and Microsoft Excel
- You understand the requirements for CAN-SPAM compliance as well as the nuances of email compliance in various international regulatory environments (e.g. GDPR, CASL)
- You’re a team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- You’re passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.