The Marketing Specialist will be a key collaborator with the Marketing, Merchandising, Creative, Analytics and IT teams to deliver support for key promotional initiatives as well as driving saks.com revenue via the email & SMS channels. This individual will support the daily execution of marketing emails and promotions, track key performance metrics on an ongoing basis, derive insights from results, and share recommendations with the broader cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university (marketing, advertising, communications, or related field preferred)
- 2+ years experience in marketing (digital or e-commerce preferred, prior email marketing experience required)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize assignments in order to meet multiple deadlines with shifting priorities
- Experience working across cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with basics of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting and analysis
- Support the management of the email and promotions process workflow, including: planning email calendar with Merchants, ensuring timely completion of Creative Briefs, collaborating with Creative and Merchandising teams on content, obtaining timely approvals on email and promotional content from Leadership, and QA of email and site assets
- Support and communicate promotions through retention channels (email, sms/push, website) and ensure cohesive messaging throughout
- Work closely with Email Service Provider (ESP) and internal team members to plan and launch daily emails
- Work with the broader Marketing teams to enhance email segmentation and develop email campaigns with a focus on a more personalized one-to-one customer relationship
- Develop and execute test plans for key email components (subject lines, timing, creative, segmentation, frequency, etc.)
- Represent the marketing and email position among cross-functional partnerships
- Weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reporting (analyzing results and identifying opportunities to drive increased revenue)
- Proactively resolve problems and roadblocks in order to keep workflow on schedule and escalate higher level conflicts to manager for resolution
Your Life And Career Saks
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.