lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
The Retention Marketing Specialist leads execution of email and app push marketing campaigns. This role reports to the Retenion Marketing Operations Manager, and works closely with all members of the Retention Marketing teams to elevate, innovate, and execute the many daily email and push touchpoints, as well as automated multi-channel programs.
You believe in the power and purpose of our retention strategy objectives, and take ownership of each stage of the journey, from concept to coding to deployment and optimization. A genuine desire to provide a best-in-class, cohesive digital guest experience is essential for your success in this role.
A day in the life
- Leads innovation and excellence in email and push execution with a keen eye for detail.
- Implements, audits, and optimizes automated campaigns.
- Leverages and improves technical toolkit, from HTML/CSS to dynamic logic to automation set-up, in order to successfully execute responsibilities.
- Collaborates with large cross-functional teams (Creative, MarTech, Merch, etc) to fully deliver emails and push notifications to spec.
- Works cross-functionally with a wide range of partners to achieve success and innovation; you may have a meeting with an intergrated marketing team, followed by a touchbase with IT developers, and can communicate effectively to both groups.
- Consumes analytics to understand the success of a campaign and drive optimizations in performance and lifetime value.
- Partner closely with Retention and Digital Marketing teams to execute weekly campaigns in a fast-paced, retail environment.
- Lead automation innovation within email and push execution, including multi-channel journeys.
- Optimize and implement best practices with an eye for scalable efficiency and automation.
- Take identified projects from concept to deployment, managing end-to-end responsibilities, including troubleshooting and creative problem solving.
- Build and maintain relationships with cross-functional partners to support channel objectives.
- Report and provide analysis on campaign and guest KPIs.
Must-have Hard Skills
- 2-3 years experience in email/push marketing and automation. B2C and retail environments preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of HTML, CSS; basic knowledge of SQL, table structure, and data ingestation.
- Intermediate understanding of marketing automation tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Bonus points if you have used email personalization tools like Liveclicker, Movable Ink, etc.
- Ability to QA and perform extensive review/proofing of all campaigns. Attention to detail is one of your key strengths.
- Basic experience with reporting tools such as Datarama, or strong desire to learn.
- Foundational skills and understanding to execute automated, multi-channel campaigns.
- Familiarity with rigorous A/B/multi-variate testing execution.
Must-have Soft Skills
- Strong communicator with great extrapersonal skills; you’re a technical expert who loves working on a team.
- Enthusiatic problem solver and ability to handle pressure with grace.
- Engaged with digital marketing trends and best practices; you’re wholeheartedly interested in the digital space.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and innovates to achieve great results.
- Possesss a proven work ethic and ability to self start.
- Flexible in nature and comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.