At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the mountains. We fight for the future of our sport, people and planet and we try to have as much fun as possible while doing it! Bringing people together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences is how we ride together every day.
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
The Retention Marketing Lead is responsible for communications and programs to increase retention and engagement of the Burton DTC business across the lifecycle, specifically in email, SMS and loyalty. You will collaborate will all parts of the business to create and execute CRM strategies that build the brand, migrate customers through the lifecycle funnel and serve relevant content to our customers. This is a critical function within the business leading the loyalty program.
What You Get to Do:
- Audit and improve our current retention programs.
- Collaborate closely with the Global Data & Analytics team to develop reporting capabilities, KPIs and to analyze program performance.
- This role will sit on the Global team but work closely with AMER, EU, Japan and China retention leads on internal procedures, best practices and tools.
- Drive continuous improvement through implementation of new and creative ideas; develop a robust test and learn plan.
- Develop Lifecyle Marketing road mapping and work with key global and regional stakeholders to implement, including, SMS, Social, etc.
- Partner with .com/store teams and regional stakeholders to develop forecasts and projections for revenue and ROI.
- Oversee the global loyalty program as part of the lifecycle marketing strategy.
- Partner with regions, DTC & Integrated Marketing teams to develop the email calendar, reflecting the seasonal launches, overarching brand messaging, key products and events.
- Develop global strategies that optimize lifecycle, transactional/triggered, and promotional emails.
- Create and recommend segmentation strategies, and design and implement A/B testing agenda to continuously improve marketing effectiveness/ROI.
- Stay informed of CAN-SPAM, GDPR, and other regulatory requirements to ensure program remains compliant across regions.
- Research emerging industry trends and execute new opportunities for Retention Marketing.
- Manage Burton’s relationship with the email service provider, clearly communicating needs for ongoing business and scoping requirements for new initiatives.
- Create a retention marketing strategy to build loyalty, increase LTV and engage customers.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- 5-7 years of experience in retention and/or CRM marketing: email, loyalty or lifecycle marketing.
- Experience managing an ESP and identifying opportunities for enhancements.
- Experience implementing customer segmentation data into the retention program.
- Experience working with web development and IT teams as data flows for retention channels require technical know-how.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, fostering the ability to work with internal and external business partners in all levels of an organization.
- Proven leadership ability with a proactive and positive attitude.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and/or other analytics platforms
- Experience working with CRM data to inform and impact marketing campaigns.
- Working knowledge of HTML/email coding and building customer journeys.
- Ecommerce experience preferred.
- A solid business understanding and proven ability to develop, enhance, implement and measure successful customer acquisition and retention programs required.
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired if they are able to move to Burlington.
If living in Burlington is not an option, we are absolutely open to candidates living in/working from other locations (in the US). In this scenario, we would expect the person hired to generally be available during eastern time zone hours.