At lululemon, we work together to elevate the world. We set audacious goals, nurture big growth and engineer innovative products that allow people to feel—and perform—their best. To us, leadership is more than a role or title—it’s a way of being. We are all leaders, committed to growth and results.
Together, we’re co-creating a future that otherwise wouldn’t exist. To do that, we’re looking for people who unite diverse perspectives to lean into bold visions. Who strive to be better than they were yesterday. Who are all in, in everything they do.
We’re looking for you. Join us
a day in the life: what you’ll do
The Retention Marketing Campaign Strategist collaborates closely with Manager, Retention Marketing and a wide range of business partners to elevate, innovate, and bring to life a variety of email campaigns week on week. You believe in the power and purpose of our email objectives and brand storytelling, and take ownership of each stage of the guest journey. A genuine desire to provide a cohesive digital guest experience is essential for your success in this role.
- Create innovative personalized strategies that provide leading-edge guest experiences and meet business objectives through Email and App Push Notification channels
- Plan Email & App Push campaign calendars that consistently meet forecast; responsible for adjustments to tactics to meet target
- Work cross-functionally with a wide range of partners to achieve success and innovation; you may have a meeting with a Creative team, followed by a touch base with IT developers
- Analyze prior campaign results and develop new ways to optimize and test & learn for future campaigns
- Brief writing, content strategies, calendaring, and creative review/feedback for identified work steams (i.e. newness, strategic initiatives, etc).
- Foster and maintain relationships with cross-functional partners in Ecommerce, Creative, Merchandising, MarTech and other business partners to manage campaign planning and execution in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a keen eye on efficiency in campaign planning; whenever possible you advocate for dynamic content, automation, personalization and triggered experiences.
- Report and provide analysis on Email KPIs; implement resultant optimizations; communicate results to stakeholders in a digestible and timely manner.
- Work with Retention Operations Team and the CRM team to consistently improve guest experience and channel performance by crafting A/B and multi-variate tests.
- Advocate for channel best practices with an eye for scalable efficiency and automation.
- 3+ years of experience in retention marketing in owned channels (e.g. email and push notifications).
- Prior experience with Salesforce Marketing cloud and able to understand how campaigns are developed to make compelling strategies, that are also technically feasible.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred but not required.
- Ability to create compelling persona and guest-first strategies.
- Excellent brief-writing skills and experience partnering successfully with Creative teams.
- Familiarity with reporting tools (Datorama, Omniture, Google 360, PowerBI) with desire to grow.
- Working knowledge of lifecycle-campaign concepting and management.
- Foundational understanding of automation and dynamic content, with desire to grow.
- Retail experience strongly preferred.
- Creative problem solver and ability to handle pressure with grace.
- Engaged and up-to-date on email marketing trends and best practices.
- Possesses a proven work ethic and ability to go the extra mile.
- Flexible in nature and comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.