The Retention Manager, DTC will be responsible for developing and executing retention marketing strategies, across a range of Constellation’s fine wine brands. You will help build programs geared to engage existing customers across all owned channels and loyalty programs, with a goal of improving retention, reducing churn, and maximizing customer lifetime value. This will require you to collaborate cross-functionally with DTC team disciplines (DTC Brand Marketing, Operations, and Customer Experience), in addition to other internal & external stakeholders, which include Brand Managers, Marketing Services, and Agency Partners. You will work with DTC leadership to develop Retention-oriented KPI targets (Retention, NPS, and LTV), to ultimately benchmark brand success. This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative group within an established company, and play a key role in its shift towards a true Omnichannel future. Our team is small, so you must be both a strategic leader, and someone that welcomes “rolling up their sleeves”.
Previous Experience: i.e. what we’re looking for…
- 2-5 years of experience in eCommerce, with a deep focus on CRM, Retention, and Growth marketing
- A background working with high-growth, digitally native brands, and/or established omnichannel brands (internal or agency-side)
- Oversight and management of owned-channel brand marketing, primarily email. (SMS experience is a big plus!)
- Deep understanding of the relevant Retention Marketing and owned-channel KPIs, how they’re measured, and an ability to digest qualitative and quantitative metrics, to make strategic recommendations & optimizations.
- Proven expertise with owned-channel and loyalty & rewards oriented technology - Shopify Plus, Klaviyo, and Yotpo a big plus.
Responsibilities: i.e. what’s the job to be done...
- Own retention marketing execution, including email, SMS, referral, loyalty, and subscription
- Create and constantly optimize a high-volume of multi-variant, automated email & SMS messaging “flows”, by partnering with DTC Brand Marketing colleagues on Creative geared to drive results
- Provide routine reporting on retention-oriented KPIs - including churn rate, repurchase rate, NPS (in collaboration with the DTC CX team), and ultimately, LTV.
- Development and implementation of both brand-specific and CBI “portfolio-wide” Referral and Loyalty programs
Monitor and identify emerging technologies and tech stack providers that drive efficient retention Maintain a “can do” attitude and insatiable curiosity, geared to challenge the status quo of digital marketing, and surprise and delight our base of customers
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions