About The Earthling Co.
The Earthling Co. was created in response to our world’s wasteful habits. We realized the products we use consistently in our routines are wasteful, harmful, and sometimes, inefficient. We are a passionate team of people in a rapidly growing company who want to make eco-friendly products easy, effective, and affordable. We’re determined to influence more conscious creation and consumption of our everyday products, and to shift our daily routines for good. We’re looking for an equally-as-passionate team member who’s looking to grow their career and impact alongside a growing company and team.
The Retention & Email Marketing Specialist role is responsible for executing our customer retention and customer experience strategies. This person will be obsessed with using data to understand our customers and their lifecycle, and will exhibit a test-and-learn approach when it comes to improving our customer retention and customer experience metrics (CLTV, revenue from email, SMS, subscription, returning customer rate, etc.). This role will be working daily in Klaviyo for email and SMS efforts, Smartrr for subscription efforts, our referral platforms, and other platforms that tie into our initiatives. This person will be able to contribute to the strategy ideation around retention and customer experience on a quarterly basis.
The ideal candidate is both creative and analytical. They care deeply about our customers and are constantly looking for ways to improve our customer’s experience with our company. They are experienced in email and SMS marketing and are looking for a role where they can continue to develop those skills while also flexing into other parts of retention marketing. This role will play a crucial part in the company’s continued growth, and will be a main driver behind why our customers come back over the long term. This position will report to our Marketing Director, Retention & CX.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Build, manage, optimize and scale our customer engagement and retention initiatives through email & SMS (Klaviyo), subscription (Smartrr), and our referral program to increase brand loyalty and increase customer LTV
- Identify and work cross-functionally to pursue product development, customer acquisition, and customer service opportunities that better engage customers along their journey and increase LTV; this could include new product ideas or product changes, offer ideas, pricing adjustments, segmentation ideas, marketing campaign ideas, operational changes, etc.
- Analyze customer behavior and build customer journeys and life cycles; advise stakeholders on new opportunities to acquire new, retain current, and reactivate lapsed customers
- Monitor performance on key metrics, evaluate against quarterly OKRs, and modify plans for optimal results
- Stay up to date on market trends and the competitive landscape to learn and deploy new approaches and tactics
- Synthesize vast amounts of data and report key insights and findings to the executive team and other stakeholders on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Develop strong systems that streamline, automate, and/or eliminate work
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communication, or business management, or equivalent related experience, 2+ of years in a similar role for DTC companies
- Extensive knowledge of owned marketing initiatives, including email/SMS campaign strategy and development, messaging, customer segmentation, and deliverability
- Experience in consumer journey mapping, segmentation and persona building
- Experience working with Klaviyo required, with knowledge of optimization tactics
- Experience working in Shopify and subscription apps a plus
- Experience with A/B testing and analysis to drive KPI improvement
- Can analyze data quickly and share/implement findings across a variety of mediums
- Detailed knowledge of email/SMS marketing regulations in different countries
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with ability to adhere to brand voice
- Excel at collaboration, brainstorming and creative direction/content
- Exceptional attention to detail and methodical in quality checks
- Superior organizational and time management skills; demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced, startup environment
- A “no task is too small or too large” type-of-attitude
- Experience in DTC Ecommerce & CPG companies a plus
- Interest in and knowledge of sustainability and the zero waste movement
- Competitive compensation with growth potential
- Time Off: Holidays, Vacation (PTO), Sick, Bereavement, and Parental Leave
- Health Coverage: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term & Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Fun & passionate team that’s fully remote; work from where you want
- Annual in-person team bonding events in a new location