Come build the future with us! What unites all Amazonians (across teams and geographies) is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier—whoever that customer may be. In pursuit of delighting customers, Amazonians have developed many products and services that have transformed the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses. Together we are building the future, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions—including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads—leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
We are seeking an Email Marketing Manager to join a growing email team dedicated to improving the advertiser customer experience by improving email testing methodology, leveraging modern email tools and industry trends to increase campaign performance, releasing new end user features, evolving and expanding the selection of email and program templates, and launching a self-serve email marketing onboarding and training program.
This role will have the opportunity to help shape the email communication program for our team. Our team values attention to detail, an ability to own a program and work autonomously, self-motivation to find better solutions for our customers, and having fun while accomplishing our goals together.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Build email programs and execute email campaigns that drive adoption of Amazon’s advertising solutions
- Transform approved marketing content to email campaigns to drive advertiser actions at scale (adoption, engagement, or education)
- Work with internal stakeholders to build campaigns that inform advertisers of new product developments, promotions, and optimization opportunities
- Create and test campaigns and templates that align content to customer preferences (language, marketplace, products, or experience)
- Optimize against key metrics including CTR, open rates, revenue lift, and engagement
- Recommend and implement iterative A/B testing to continually improve performance through optimized messaging and targeting
- Analyze and report on performance metrics of email campaigns and set up test plans to improve the campaign performance
- Track email best practices, monitor industry trends, and make recommendations
- 3+ years experience in program or project management
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- 3+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- 4+ years’ experience building and managing email campaigns; including building, testing, and sending campaigns
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to influence others
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communication or other related field or equivalent experience.
- High attention to detail to ensure defects to not ship to customers in email communications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical thinking shown to drive metrics and benchmarks to ensure continuous improvement in process and results
- Ability to identify better ways of working at scale through building new mechanisms and processes
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Experience with marketing automation platforms such as Pardot and Marketo
- Experience in B2B, digital advertising and ad-tech products/services
- Experience in setting up automated marketing communication
- Strong execution capability with highest standards in a rapidly evolving business
- Experience working cross-functionally across Sales, Product Management, Marketing, PR, Legal, and Research
- The ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise, and to work with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience with SQL
- Experience building and optimizing multi-touch attribution models
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status