This opportunity can be based in New York, NY or remote.
The Enterprise CRM and Digital Platforms team supports fundraising and communications colleagues, particularly in the External Relations department by ensuring supporter management technologies are continuously improved to meet business needs as they change.
Job Overview / Summary
The Email Product Manager oversees the platform management aspects of the IRC’s email and SMS marketing platforms, including: platform administration, user support and training, development of new product features and integrations with the CRM system, optimization of current product by working closely with business teams and supporting any future changes in platform. S / he plays a significant role in ensuring the email platform is fit-for-purpose for IRC’s email fundraising needs.
- Support business teams in using the current IRC email platform (Acoustic) by:
- Educating users on tool capabilities (new and current users)
- Building out queries and integrations with our Salesforce CRM
- Creating email templates
- Enable test & control methods to improve deliverability, open and response KPI’s
- Managing expectations for functionality.
- Serve as platform administrator, configuring and conducting QA testing of system features, managing user profiles, and ensuring day-to-day operation and backups.
- Monitor and improve email database hygiene to maintain and increase deliverability rates; Lead on addressing any email deliverability issues as soon as they are determined.
- Liaise with IRC’s Acoustic contacts to debug issues or resolve queries as needed.
- Provide training and best practice around use of HTML and CSS in IRC emails.
- Maintain security policies and ensure best practice use of outbound communications platform(s).
- Liaise with IT teams, reviewing configuration, technical specs, and architecture plans.
- Manage the roadmap for IRC’s Acoustic solution. Translate business requirements into email platform features, understand the long-term strategic vision to suggest trade-offs where needed, and lead on design, configuration, and development of system features.
- Support cross-platform enhancements across Acoustic, Salesforce (CRM) and donation platforms such as Springboard and iRaiser.
- Support the process of platform evaluation if we look at other email marketing platforms such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud; lead on the process of requirements gathering from a platform perspective and evaluating the platform features that would best meet IRC requirements in the near-term and long-term.
- If a decision is made to move to a different email platform then lead on the transition by migrating current assets (or recreating them in the new system), ensuring business continuity and potentially training and onboarding users on the new platform (working closely with the vendor contacts for the new platform).
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of work experience and education
Minimum: 4–6 years of digital fundraising and marketing experience in a nonprofit or agency setting
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Proven experience with managing email marketing / automation platforms such as Acoustic, Marketo/Adobe and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Proven experience with customer relationship management (CRM) databases (especially Salesforce)
- Proven experience with web-based content management systems (CMS) and/or proficient in HTML and CSS development for email and web
- Experience with SMS platforms and social media platforms preferred
- Google Analytics experience preferred
- Familiarity with donation platforms such as Springboard and iRaiser and e-commerce platforms such as Shopify is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: the proven ability to communicate and liaise effectively and diplomatically with colleagues, vendors, and consultants
- Solid organizational and time-management skills: the ability to plan for and manage multiple projects while working in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment with strict deadlines
- Proficiency with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Drive (Docs, Sheets)
- Proven writing and editing skills
- Flexible work attitude: ability to work productively and independently as well as in a team within a collaborative, demanding environment
Working Environment : Standard office work environment