exists to meaningfully improve lives through true innovation that evolves comfort from end to end. Our colorful company culture, award-winning marketing, unique (and extremely comfortable) technology, and incredible team make for a workplace you’ll be proud to be a part of. Purple is recognized as one of the fastest-growing and most disruptive companies in the comfort industry. We’re looking for amazing, motivated people who will help us improve lives and invent a better way for Purple. Come along for the ride!
Purple Innovations is experiencing tremendous growth and is seeking an experienced Email Marketing Manager to help elevate an industry-leading email marketing program to the next level. Under the direction of the Senior Email Marketing Manager, you will be asked to manage and optimize a fast-growing email marketing program.
You’ll play a vital role in a dynamic, collaborative, and fast-moving environment for a rapidly growing, nationally recognized brand. You’ll be primarily responsible for running email marketing campaigns end-to-end, including planning, setup, testing, execution, reporting, and optimization. This is a hands-on role in which you’ll work closely with internal stakeholders to support customer acquisition and retention programs, oversee proper deployment of email campaigns, and work collaboratively to improve the overall email marketing program.
Note: This job will be located in our Lehi, UT headquarters – This is not a permanently remote employment opportunity.
- Develop and manage the email campaign calendar to support promotions, product launches, and customer acquisition and retention programs.
- Oversee completion of email design, copy, and development to support cross-organization email marketing campaigns.
- Manage QA and oversee deployment of promotional and automated email marketing campaigns.
- Oversee deliverability and compliance processes to maintain and improve program performance.
- Collaborate with email team members on execution of email marketing initiatives, including customer acquisition and retention programs.
- Collaborate with other channel owners as required to test content—including SMS, push notifications, and landing pages.
- Collaborate with the Analytics team to build ongoing post-send campaign reporting, including recommendations for enhancements and testing.
- Help in managing and enhancing customer data to enable sophisticated email marketing campaigns.
- Proactively work with the email team as well as internal and external creative teams and cross-department stakeholders to develop and improve processes for greater efficiencies.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines, from quick turnarounds to longer, in-depth projects.
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Administration, or equivalent experience in email marketing strategy and automation.
- 2+ years of experience with enterprise-level email service providers; experience with Cordial a plus.
- 2-5 years of experience with email automation and relevant technology, automation strategy and execution, and data analytics.
- 3+ years of overall experience; DTC or ecommerce experience a plus.
- Experience with SMS marketing a plus.
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS – enough that you could QA an email, but not code from scratch.
- Firm understanding of CAN-SPAM, GDPR, CASL, CCPA, and other email compliance regulations.
- Firm understanding of email best practices and testing methodologies. Experience with Litmus or Email on Acid a plus.
- Experience with design software, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Sketch, Figma.
- Familiarity with database structures and SQL programming.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, agile environment.
Benefits And Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Generous PTO
- Market Money
- Earn a Mattress
- Purple Swag
- Amazing Purple Products
WHY WORK AT PURPLE?
- Make your mark: We value innovative thinking. At Purple, you will be empowered to bring your ideas to life as we work together to improve people’s lives through comfort.
- Gain unique experience: Be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in Utah! The contributions you make will matter at Purple as the company continues to grow with you.
- Awesome culture: Join the tight-knit team at Purple and you can enjoy working alongside industry experts, making close friends, and annual employee appreciation events.
Purple provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.