The Brand that Gets You to What’s Next
Express is the vibrant, confident lifestyle brand for ambitious people, providing the latest fashion for style-obsessed men and women since 1980. Our mission is to provide inspiration and confidence through fashion to help people get to what's next in their day, and their lives. With more than 600 retail and outlet stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Latin America, and a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at www.express.com, Express brings city-inspired style to customers across the globe.
A Workplace To Match
We think you'll like it here.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, generous associate discount, and casual work environment. Working at Express is much more than the 9 to 5. It is an opportunity to connect and engage with some of the smartest individuals in the fashion business doing work they are passionate about. This is the Express Life and we’re always looking for talented leaders at all levels to join our team; if this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
The Mobile & Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for the execution of the customer contact strategy across mobile & email. The person in this role will lead the development and execution of email & mobile campaigns from conception to deployment and analysis.
The role requires the associate to become a subject matter expert within Express’s Campaign Management Platforms (Adobe Campaign, Bluecore, IMI Mobile & Sailthru). A successful candidate will continually seek out ways to improve the effectiveness of these marketing vehicles.
- Key responsibilities include:
- Strategy and Planning
- Cross-functional partnership with Ecommerce Merchandising, Brand Marketing and Loyalty teams to plan mobile and email campaigns that support Express.com, Express retail stores and Express Factory Outlet
- Identify audience selection strategy & personalization opportunities
- Identify and implement new strategies and testing scenarios for mobile & email marketing programs
- Analyze competitive marketplace and follow mobile & email trends
- Operations & Execution
- Facilitate weekly development & execution of mobile and email marketing touchpoints including brand messaging, promotional campaigns, segmented campaigns & behavioral triggers (i.e. reviews, cart abandonment, welcome series)
- Plan weekly customer contact calendar strategy to drive traffic and sales growth
- Partner cross-functionally with Ecommerce Merchandising/Operations, Creative, Traffic, CRM Execution and Owned Channel Analyst to facilitate successful end-to-end execution of all mobile & email marketing touchpoints
- Assist in content brief creation in JIRA, creative content review and approval, QA/testing of content execution and content syncing in Express campaign management tools
- Manage communication of segmentation strategy, send times, naming convention and other critical campaign details to CRM Execution team who manages campaign workflow set-up and audience selection
- Monitor and verify successful campaign deployment
- Execute test & learn agenda to maximize mobile & email channel performance
- Partner with Owned Channel Analyst on mobile & email reporting to optimize future execution
- Education: College degree is required, Marketing or Business preferred
- Experience: Minimum 1-3 years relevant Email marketing experience; retail industry preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years of eCommerce or direct to consumer experience; retail industry preferred
Preferred Requirements (skills and abilities)
- Experience with high volume, consumer facing websites with meaningful annual revenue
- Proven ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas
- Strong understanding of Internet based consumer behavior and direct marketing principles
- Demonstrated success in delivering efficient traffic and revenue to the bottom line
- Experience working with web analytic tools, preferably Omniture
- Problem solver
- Analytical thinker
- Deadline driven
- Results oriented
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Strong communicator
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.