AUTHENTICITY | PASSION | COMMUNITY | INNOVATION | ADVENTURE
Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 17 iconic year-round resorts, the world’s largest heli-skiing operation, and Ikon Pass - the premier ski and snowboard season pass offering access to more than 50 iconic mountain destinations around the world.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado and born out of a shared love of the mountains and adventure, the company has brought together some of the world’s most aspirational brands, including: Steamboat and Winter Park in Colorado; Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort and Snow Valley in California; Stratton Mountain and Sugarbush Resort in Vermont; Snowshoe Mountain in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec and Blue Mountain in Ontario, Canada; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Schweitzer in Idaho; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Also included in the portfolio is Alpine Aerotech, a worldwide helicopter support and maintenance service center in British Columbia, Canada, Aspenware, the ski industry leader in technology services and e-commerce, and Ski Butlers, the global leader in ski and snowboard rental delivery.
A career with Alterra Mountain Company is more than what you do today; it’s being part of creating a community rooted in the spirit of the mountains, united by a passion for adventure, and celebrating the legendary adventures and enduring memories that mountains bring to everyone.
BESIDES WORKING SOMEWHERE AWESOME, WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free Ikon Pass for all eligible employees, with additional free skiing + riding privileges across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents
- Discounted skiing + riding for friends and family of eligible employees across the family of Alterra Mountain Company Resorts
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) policies for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, rental cars, etc.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Discounted tuition with partner online university for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Commuter benefits (Denver employees only)
- Flexible/hybrid workplace policy empowering employees to work from home while encouraging regular in-person collaboration in our dog-friendly company headquarters office located in Denver’s RiNo Art District neighborhood
For information on Alterra Mountain Company’s Social Responsibility work including our Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion actions, please see our webpage at www.alterramtnco.com/social-responsibility. Among other resources, Alterra has Employee Resource Groups to support the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color), disability, LGBTQIA2S+, and women communities within our workforce.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
The Mobile and Email Marketing Specialist will be responsible for assisting in the development and deployment of mobile and email marketing collateral, including but not limited to app push and in-app messaging content creation, email design and concepting, and programming, testing, and deployment for app and email marketing messaging. This role will work closely with cross-functional departments to ensure brand integrity and consistent messaging across all channels and campaigns. This person will be responsible for adhering to all mobile and email marketing best practices and guidelines. They will work closely with the CRM team to ensure the mobile and email marketing efforts are optimized, meeting engagement KPI targets, and reaching the right person, at the right time, through the right channel with the right message.
- Support the planning and execution of the CRM marketing calendar
- Responsible for design, content management, and execution of all email and mobile campaigns
- Comply with all mobile and email best practices and guidelines
- Develop robust A/B testing strategies to optimize our marketing communications and increase engagement/performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support multi-channel campaign efforts to achieve company goals and drive results
- Track and analyze results of campaigns to drive future strategy and identify opportunities for growth
- Promote and foster a "learning culture" by monitoring latest industry thinking and innovation to inform direction for future strategies/plans.
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years’ experience in strategic design and implementation of measurable marketing programs, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- College degree in marketing, communications or related subject.
- Strong copy writing and creative design experience for app push notification and in-app messaging, SMS texting, email marketing, and other digital communications.
- Previous experience creating and executing messaging strategies and content development within an app platform as part of a larger, multi-channel marketing campaign or program.
- Proven track record building robust HTML email campaigns through an Email Service Provider; Acoustic experience preferred (formerly Silverpop)
- Demonstrated ability creating, editing, and problem-solving responsive HTML/CSS code
- Experience using email testing programs such as Litmus or Email on Acid
- Experience building audiences and queries for targeted communications
- Proven ability to execute A/B testing strategies and dynamic content
- Understanding of privacy laws such as CASL, GDPR, etc.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Analytic approach to business; know the numbers and use them to drive decision-making
- Experience with customer segmentation
- Adobe Creative Suite; Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience with resort and leisure industry
- Copy writing and design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required (marketing, business, business analytics, communications, economics).
- MBA or master’s degree in related field preferred.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc.’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Denver area base salary range: $57,000.00 – $84,000.00 per year
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that an employee may be required to perform in this position. Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to modify, increase, decrease, suspend, and or eliminate any of the essential duties and/or the position in its entirety.
This job description is not an express or implied contract, guarantee, promise, or covenant of employment for any set term or duration, or for termination only for cause.
Employment with Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. or any of its affiliates is “at will” meaning either party may terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.
This position is located in Colorado, and the work is primarily in Denver, CO and, as such, employment in this position is subject to the labor and employment laws of the state of Colorado.
Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces. All employees and candidates are reminded that Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates adhere to all applicable labor and employment laws, and State, County, and City-specific labor and employment regulations, where applicable.