Want to use your marketing skills to help change the world? AI is the new electricity. Millions of AI engineers will be required to transform industries with artificial intelligence and we’re building the education platform to train them. deeplearning.ai is providing a world-class education to people around the globe so that we can all benefit from an AI-powered future. We’re a small edtech company with serious credentials, exciting marketing challenges and wonderful teammates.
We are looking for a Marketing Operations Manager who can bring strong analytical rigor to our marketing efforts through best practices across our fundamental channels and tools. In this role, we are looking for someone who can continuously optimize our digital marketing operations, working closely with our content, social, events and community teams. You’ll be responsible for developing and executing data-driven digital marketing campaigns (with an emphasis on email and website) and be directly involved in all community efforts and product launches.
The ideal candidate is a curious self-starter who can work both collaboratively and independently to execute new ideas and projects, thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and has a passion for AI and/or education. This position reports to the Director of Marketing. Although we are headquartered in Palo Alto, we are open to remote workers as long as they are within 3 time zones of California (PDT / GMT -7).
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Improve effectiveness of website and digital marketing efforts. You will measure and analyze website effectiveness including search traffic, conversion rates, A/B testing, SEO and optimization of web content. You will implement best practices via Wordpress and report on findings using our in-house Tableau dashboard, Google Analytics, Hubspot and other external data sources.
- Own and drive email marketing campaigns. You will define and drive strategy to increase engagement across our email marketing, including drip campaigns and content marketing distribution. This will include developing metrics and reporting on performance using best practices via Hubspot.
- Establish the team standard for marketing analytics. You will be responsible for monitoring our marketing Tableau dashboard and other sources to develop conclusions and recommendations about the effectiveness of different business and/or marketing strategies. There will also be opportunities to work directly with the CEO (Andrew Ng) and other industry experts in the crafting of marketing materials.
Here are the skills you should have:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in marketing operations role
- 3+ years experience using Hubspot Marketing Hub to execute demonstrably successful data-driven campaigns and manage CRM
- Fluent in HTML/CSS to author and debug emails
- 3+ years experience using Wordpress as well as managing website optimization and personalization programs
- Fluency with analytics across multiple channels including marketing campaigns (email, PPC, events, etc.), web, and product
- Experience using Tableau to build dashboards
- Advanced Excel / Google Sheets knowledge OR demonstrated skills in SQL
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams
- Appetite for generating original, creative ideas and openness to new thinking.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience marketing to developer audiences
- Experience with AI or other advanced online training and education
- Prior startup experience wearing multiple hats within the marketing department.
What you get working with us:
- Being part of a world-class team that’s trying to change the world
- Working across cultural and geographical lines alongside our offices in different parts of the world.
- Ability to learn from a number of marketing subject matter experts
- A culture of life-long learning supported with monthly stipend for professional development
- The opportunity to be exceptionally creative with your high impact ideas
We hope you will fit well with our team’s culture:
- Strong work ethic. All of us believe in our work’s ability to change human lives, and consequently, work not just smart, but also hard.
- Growth mindset. We are eager to teach you new skills and invest in your continual development. But learning is hard work, so this is something we hope you’ll want to do.
- Team oriented. We care and watch out for each other. We’re humble individually and go after big goals together.
- Flexibility. You should be flexible in your tasks and do whatever is needed, ranging from lower-level tasks like scheduling to high level recruiting strategy.
What we offer:
- deeplearning.ai offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, a monthly education stipend, flexible PTO and much more.