CoinDesk is the most influential, trusted media platform for a growing global community engaged in the transformation of the financial system and the emerging crypto economy. Founded in May 2013, the CoinDesk platform provides millions of consumers interested in cryptocurrency assets and blockchain technology with news and insights, podcasts, live streaming TV shows, research reports, live events, and a toolkit of indexes, data, and analytics. CoinDesk hosts the annual Consensus summit event each May, the largest and most important forward-thinking U.S. gathering of stakeholders in the global crypto and blockchain ecosystem, and the anchor event for Blockchain Week NYC. CoinDesk created the original price reference rate known as the Bitcoin Price Index in 2013, which is widely sourced in the media including The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, CNBC, and many others. CoinDesk employs the largest group of world-class, independent journalists dedicated to covering the crypto and blockchain ecosystem. CoinDesk is uniquely positioned to change the digital media business model. Leveraging user-centric, blockchain-enabled incentives and attention measurement tools, we can harness the power to strengthen publisher and audience engagement, enhance privacy, and deliver comprehensive, monetizable data to advertisers and other stakeholders.
CoinDesk is a quickly growing company with incredible ambition. We are all excited to continue on this journey and take pride in the opportunity we have to make a long-lasting impact. We'd love for you to join us if you're willing to take on new challenges and immerse yourself in a world of intelligent, forward-thinking and also, fun humans.
Based in New York City, CoinDesk has over 80 full-time employees worldwide and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, one of the largest private investors in the industry and a provider of trading and other investment services for that industry.
We are seeking a Marketing Manager who is an expert in CRM and Email Marketing to support the company and marketing department's ambitious goals and growth plans. We are seeking smart, passionate, ambitious, and hardworking team players who share our passion for reimagining the future of money and the emerging crypto economy.
You will be responsible for driving loyalty and engagement across multiple channels such as emails, SMS, on-site, and across various user segments.
This role is critical to our continued growth, ensuring customers are returning more frequently, trying more products, and promoting CoinDesk to others (i.e. you are responsible for a customers' loyalty to our brand). This candidate will also be responsible for collecting and analyzing customer data and performance to inform our lifecycle strategy, email metrics, overall user engagement and loyalty, managing customer segmentation to implement best practices, and to analyze and improve the lifetime value of our customers as we evolve our business model.
The ideal candidate is ambitious, collaborative, works well cross-functionally, is customer-driven, analytical, data driven, is flexible and able/willing to execute rapidly, can work independently, and is ready to roll up their sleeves as CoinDesk continues to scale.
Flexibility is key, as your role will undoubtedly change and expand over time as we continue to scale and evolve the business model of CoinDesk, a fast-growing global company in a fast-growing crypto industry space.
- Own and optimize our email programs, ensuring the implementation of email best practices to maximize inbox deliverability, open rates, and success driving customers to engage further with our brand, while maintaining an appropriate cadence
- Work with stakeholders to understand, map out, and analyze user journeys so as to develop marketing programs for different behavioral segments of users
- Identify and develop data-driven, automated marketing tactics that advance customers along their lifecycle, including architecting targeted communications (e.g., email trigger flows, site pop-ups, SMS, push, etc) based on insights; clearly focused on segmentation and deep understanding of customer journeys
- Responsible for developing test strategy and optimization, as well as the day-to-day management and execution of email, SMS, and on-site programs (e.g. includes creating and segmenting lists, setting up A/B and multi-variant tests, and building, scheduling, and deploying campaigns) in order to drive usage and engagement
- Drive a referral program to evangelize loyal users about CoinDesk's platform and products, turning them into sources of growth for new users
- Drive enhancements of our communication capabilities around messaging, channels, and targeting/personalization strategies
- Work cross-functionally with our Analytics, Editorial, Sales, and Product teams to generate more known users by optimizing new email newsletter registrations and other lead generation tactics (i.e. referral programs).
- Ensure compliance with GDPR & CCPA, CAN-SPAM, and other regulations on every deliverable
- Define key metrics for success, develop dashboards, monitor and report regularly to leadership
- 3 - 5+ years of professional marketing experience at a media, content, or high-growth tech company in email marketing & analytics
- Cares deeply about customer experience and customer journey, passionate about email and SMS channels
- Experience with segmentation and targeting strategies
- Experience with trigger email & lifecycle programs
- Experience in non-email messaging channels (Push/SMS/Browser Notifications)
- Ability to work cross-functionally with product, engineering, editorial, data science, analytics, research, and design
- Proven track record of delivering complex e-mail programs from inception to delivery at scale
- Strong analytical skills: Familiarity with multivariate testing and able to analyze campaign performance to evolve e-mail strategies
- Comprehensive understanding of email best practices such as subject lines, messaging, dynamic emails, customer segmentation, HTML/CSS, responsive design, and deliverability
- Extreme attention to detail: customer journey logic, audience targeting
- Knowledge of and comfort with a variety of online tools, inclusive of marketing automation platforms, content management systems, CRM, and web analytics.
- Strong interpersonal skills — this role will work with multiple business units
- Must be Crypto-curious
- Located in NYC (remote WFH for now until further notice)
- NICE TO HAVE: experience with SailThru, Tableau.
- NICE TO HAVE: Experience with digital currencies, blockchain financial services, fintech, e-commerce, and/or registration or membership models
What We Offer
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary and bonus offerings
- Robust Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Blockchain & Crypto Training Sessions
- We celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and our new hires!