Since 1940, Dairy Queen® has been one of the world's best known and loved brands. Based in Minneapolis, MN, International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ), is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation. As a leading franchisor, there are more than 7,000 independently owned and operated restaurants in the U.S., Canada and 21 countries around the world. IDQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire.
Here at IDQ, we create extraordinary Fan experiences every day and we do this through our commitment to hiring and retaining only the best in class talent. We firmly believe that our employees are the catalyst to the success of the company where their initiative, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit are recognized and rewarded. We're looking for motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals with an inherent need and ambition to go after bigger challenges.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Marketing Email Manager located at our corporate office in Bloomington, MN. This role is responsible for monitoring and reporting on email activity to ensure campaign KPIs are achieved and implementing A/B testing initiatives that drive improvements in email and conversion performance. The manager establishes best practices for exceptional email deliverability across multiple IPs and resolving delivery issues. The manager works with stakeholders to understand key campaign parameters and inputs, such as subscriber audience, program frequency, degree of personalization and overall creative approach. The manager designs consumer profiles and KPI framework tactics, identifies target audiences and grows our email list, designs and implement direct email marketing campaigns. The manager manages email databases for lead generation, analyzes campaign performance and reports on sales revenue generated from email marketing efforts.
Key Accountabilities Include
The Marketing Email Manager will be responsible for managing our email production to external consumers and the delivery of dynamic and personalized email content to optimize our instore traffic.
- Monitoring and reporting on email activity to ensure campaign KPIs are achieved, including proactively identifying and resolving any issues.
- Implement A/B testing initiatives that drive improvements in email and conversion performance
- Responding to design briefs and liaising with stakeholders to produce immaculate deliverables under tight deadlines
- Solid technical skills and expertise with HTML and CSS optimized for email deployment with an understanding of the difference between coding for the web and coding for email.
- Establish best practices for exceptional email deliverability across multiple IPs and resolve any delivery issues
- Solid knowledge of email best practices and CAN-SPAM and ADA compliance considerations.
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable coded templates as well as design and execute test plans
- Monitor and report on email activity to include proactively identifying and resolving any issues found.
- Provide problem-solving and 'point of escalation' technical support function with regards to solving email rendering and practical problems with dynamic content.
- Working with stakeholders to understand key campaign parameters and inputs, such as subscriber audience, program frequency, degree of personalization and overall creative approach.
Segmentation/Customer Data Platform
- Design consumer profiles and KPI framework tactics
- Ensure emails follow industry policies, legal standards and best practices
- Identify target audience and grow our email list
- Design and implement direct email marketing campaigns
- Upgrade our email templates using graphics, personalization and advanced features
- Ensure prompt and accurate communication with clients via email to minimize unsubscribes
- Manage email databases for lead generation
- Analyze campaign performance and suggest improvements
- Report on sales revenue generated from email marketing efforts
- Must possess superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with customer acquisition, re-engagement and retention strategies.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Proven work experience as an Email marketing manager or Digital marketing specialist
- Hands on experience with HTML and content management systems
- Proficiency in marketing automation technology
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with analytical and database tools
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Strong project management skills
- An ability to work under tight deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field with minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience, required.
- Demonstrated cross-functional project management skills, required.
- Previous experience working with a franchisee system, restaurant or retail concept is a plus.
- Experience fostering effective partnerships with agency and/or vendor partners.
Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, employer paid basic life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid sick and vacation, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, wellness challenges and more!
IDQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. IDQ participates in the US E-Verify program.