TUI is well on its way to transforming our marketing to be highly relevant to each individual customer, driven by what we understand about their history and reacting to the events and behaviours of each customer. Now is the perfect time to join the team as we embark on the next phase of our journey. We are moving to customer journeys, campaigns and activities that are highly personalised and automated by data and analytics in real-time.
As a Marketing Automation Specialist in our Centres of Excellence team, you will be responsible for building industry-leading campaigns and journeys that leverage the power of the leading real-time marketing platform – Braze. Focussing on a specific journey or lifecycle phase, you will build automated journeys and campaigns (templates & components) for all markets using all available channels (e.g. mobile push, in-app messages and content cards, email etc.)
This role can be based in Berlin, Hannover, Luton, Rijswijk, Oostende or Stockholm
How you will make an impact
There are many ways for you to get involved:
Campaign components & capabilities
- Create Braze & Taxi campaign components for use across markets, products & brands, with appropriate levels of parent/child connections and control/flexibility.
Journey & campaign production
- Work with your Centre of Excellence team to input into and translate journey & campaign briefs into Braze canvases, templates and campaigns.
- Productionise Braze & Taxi campaign components built by the Platform team for use across markets, products & brands, with appropriate levels of parent/child connections and control/flexibility.
- Hands on responsibility for the design & build of templates, content blocks, campaigns and journeys for your Centre of Excellence. Ensure they are built in the most efficient way, leveraging pre-built API driven components as much as possible.
- Work with our Platform team to ensure that all data requirements are defined and understood to support the delivery of each campaign.
- Become an expert in the capabilities and features of Braze, so you leverage the full power of the platform in the automations you build.
- Rigorously test all templates and components to ensure they render correctly across browsers and devices.
- Work with Designers to provide innovative and responsive creative solutions for our marketing programs, journeys and campaigns, and ensure all templates and components meet brand guidelines.
- Manage our over-arching rules of engagement and customer contact policies across brands, channels and journeys for your Centre of Excellence.
- Ensure audience size for marketing automations is optimised by effective selections, appropriate suppressions and intelligent defaults to ensure relevant customers are not omitted.
- Ensure appropriate selection criteria are in place so that our marketing programs adhere to the Data Protection Act and other relevant legislation.
Testing & optimisation
- Work with the Analytics team to implement and manage the control cell strategy (fallow & campaign level) to ensure we effectively measure the incremental value of our activity, at overall, program, journey and campaign levels.
- Ensure all activity is appropriately tested and relevant approvals gained before going live.
- Gain and maintain an expert understanding of the travel industry, TUI’s business and our drivers of value and wider dynamics in each source market and our competitors.
- Gain and maintain a deep understanding of your Centre of Excellence focus area, using customer insight, business insight and competitor insight.
- Understand TUI’s customer segments and behaviors. Use this insight to inform and influence plans and development around KPIs and our marketing programs.
- Support the set-up and on-going training of TUI’s Braze user community, across both Group and Source markets.
What you will bring
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Proven track record of implementing multichannel marketing communications through industry-leading technology (ideally Braze but also Salesforce, Adobe, EMarsys, IBM etc.)
- Fluent in German and English language with extensive knowledge of the German market
- Must have knowledge of GDPR legislation in the context of the German market
- Experience of working internationally; comfortable working in a large pan European business, where some travel will be required.
- Proven experience in a similar digital roles
- Good technical knowledge of marketing platforms, and good knowledge of relevant coding languages (HTML, SQL, Liquid script etc.)
- Experience working with API’s and related tools would be an advantage
- Skilled in developing mobile responsive templates and in use of Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Image Ready, Flash
- Experience of working using agile methodologies would be an advantage with a flexible approach to working within a fast changing environment
- Experience of data driven marketing techniques
- Strong problem solving capabilities, organisation skills and very logical train of thought
- Excellent communication and organisational skills and attention to detail
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares