Podium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell products, in a modern, convenient way. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies — in the last year alone. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2019. We look for people who are curious, creative and work to be a little better every day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
As a Marketing Automation Specialist at Podium, you will be responsible for managing requests relating to marketing operations and the marketing automation platform. As a key member of the marketing ops team, you will help process data and set up practices that allow for efficiency and visibility into data. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cause and effect relationships and be able to pay close attention to detail. This role reports to the Director of Marketing Operations.
What success looks like in six months:
- You have a great understanding of Marketo and are able to strategize about effective ways to set up campaigns and workflows.
- You are able to process various list uploads with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- You can efficiently intake, prioritize, and manage email requests from various parts of the company while communicating expectations.
- All emails are audited and monitored to meet the business goals for each product and vertical.
- Marketo programs and Salesforce campaigns are set up accurately such that effective reports and analysis can be executed.
- You are becoming familiar with the marketing funnel, rules of engagement, and data processes that support industry best practices for marketing automation.
- Email and data regulations are strictly followed and understood (CAN-SPAM, GDPR etc.).
- You have a solid understanding of what actions affect data quality; data quality is improved across various objects through segmentation, normalization, and enrichment.
- The marketing automation tech stack is well-managed--no duplicative software, optimally integrated, and cost-effective.
- You have built strong relationships with marketing managers, channel managers, and sales development.
- You enjoy following processes and sticking to guidelines.
- You love paying attention to detail and are concerned about how the small things make up the big picture.
- You believe in doing something the right way instead of the fast way.
- You like to think logically in terms of cause and effect.
- You are familiar with excel and marketing software (background in Marketo or Salesforce is a big plus).
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have experience working with cross-functional teams at various skill levels, including senior management.
- You are strongly analytical and data driven.
- You have a university degree (BA/BS) with strong academic results.
- You have 1-3 years of work experience in Saas, marketing, or another related field.
- You are committed to honesty and a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Work in this building in Lehi, UT
- Unlimited vacation time
- Multiple catered meals each week and a stocked kitchen
- Health/dental benefits, 401K matching, cell phone stipend, and swag
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.