Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose-driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company, and the community to the next level (and every level after that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it’s good, we look for better. We don’t overthink the value we bring nor spend time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav! Here, you’ll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are connected to their mission but in our case, our mission and our people are one – it is a way of being not just a cause you are committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav.
Nav is searching for an experienced Marketing Automation Specialist who is interested in launching multi-channel campaigns across the entire user journey. This role, crucial to Nav’s growth, will develop behavior-driven lifecycle marketing automations. With a competitive understanding of the small business landscape, this fintech-savvy individual will build, scale, and optimize triggered programs to increase engagement, retention, and LTV. You will manage the user touchpoints and establish ambitious goals to drive conversions and cross-category transactions (lending and credit card).
WHAT WE EMPOWER YOU WITH
- Develop and execute personalized and dynamic multi-channel marketing strategies in promotional, transactional, and targeted trigger campaigns across the customer lifecycle.
- Create and manage A/B testing across all campaigns to enhance productivity, deliverability, and customer engagement.
- Regularly maintain reports on marketing performance and testing results to develop new optimization strategies and improve overall performance. This includes campaign engagement, conversion, acquisition, and retention metrics.
- Build and own processes and documentation for all marketing automation activities including workflows, testing, programs and campaigns, segmentation, data mapping, and more.
- Manage automation housekeeping including archiving campaigns, building clean file structures, and consistent naming conventions.
- Identify and document data that is needed for campaigns and partner with BI and Product Teams to map and synchronize accurate data from the source.
- Work closely with Design and Content to develop artwork and copy to fulfill channel objectives and deliver an on-brand look, tone, and feel.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to continuously improve back-end automation and system integrations.
- Work closely with BI to develop new strategies for targeting customers at an individual level based on customer data and develop processes for data integration and automation.
- Stay current on trends and best practices in email, push, and SMS marketing.
- Contribute new innovative, breakthrough ideas toward the growth of the company.
- Maintain and manage 3rd party data integrations so all customer-facing channels can operate seamlessly and timely.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Experience in email, push, SMS, and marketing automation. Experience with developing and executing multivariate tests, complex multi-channel journeys, ad-hoc and automated campaigns.
- Proficient in all aspects of Salesforce Marketing Cloud: Journey Builder (with an emphasis on SF CRM activities), AmpScript, Automation Studio (SQL), Content Builder, Data Extensions, Einstein, Datorama, etc.
- Experience owning email programs at all levels from strategic planning through coding templates and hands-on deployment. As well as, owning the ability to troubleshoot issues in content, development, coding, and tracking challenges.
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, and the “special” considerations needed for coding against a wide range of email clients.
- Fanatical attention to detail and knowledge of how to QA responsive email templates across multiple mail clients with Litmus or similar technology.
- Experience with Salesforce as a CRM, SFMC Apps (Cloud Pages, Ad Studio, etc.), and Tableau is a plus.
- Past experience with ESPs and the ability to quickly learn an ESP even if you haven’t used it before.
- Experience in B2B, commercial banking/finance, FinTech, or related industries preferred.
- A passion for direct marketing, and a desire to continuously grow and advance the company’s efforts in the space. A desire to stay on top of industry news and technological advancements.
- A passion for planning and organization to stay on schedule and ahead of the curve.
- Ability to set goals and execute under tight deadlines with grace.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Confident writer.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Work from anywhere in the US (we were remote before it was cool!)
- Comprehensive and competitive Benefits - Effective Day One
- Base Compensation + Bonus + Equity
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Company Holidays
- Opportunity to make an impact and influence the future of Nav with an incredible team!
INCLUSION AT NAV
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners, and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically. To put it simply we want you to be proud to be you.
OUR COMPENSATION PHILOSOPHY IS SIMPLE BUT POWERFUL
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn’t be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequity should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they’ve got — not because they’re simply making money, but because they’ve fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
OUR IMPACT ON YOU
Competitive Pay. Company Ownership. Unlimited Vacation. Benefits Day One. 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave. Matching 401k. Work From Anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible Work Arrangements. Free Telehealth and Telemental Health For All Employees. Employee Networking and Events. Community Network Groups (women’s, PRIDE, culture). Meaningful Perks and Rewards. Learning and Development Opportunities.
A NAVERICK’S DNA
We look at the future and say “why not”; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and points of view. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions & take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and “finger-pointing” behaviors.
As leaders, we motivate & engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams & creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling & coaching.