Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Reporting to the Manager, Email & Marketing Automation Canada, the Email and Marketing Automation Specialist manages and develops dynamic email marketing campaigns targeted to advisors and consumers. They provide leadership and email best practice advice to key internal stakeholders and business partners. The Specialist is responsible for the continual evolution of Manulife’s industry leading B2B and B2C email and marketing automation initiatives and white label Sponsor communications.
- Lead the end-to-end development, coding, QA and testing of all email and marketing automation programs using industry best practice techniques
- Manage expectations of internal stakeholders and ensure timely execution of email and marketing automation initiatives
- Act as the business liaison with the Email Service Provider, understanding their technology offering and enabling business partners to fully leverage the platform
- Responsible for continuous process improvement strategies and developing efficiencies that will help manage expectations of clients
- Generate and implement test strategies, including A/B multi-variant testing
- Assist with training and support for email marketing efforts with internal stakeholders from across Canadian division
Additional Project Responsibilities
- Partner with business stakeholders to monitor the performance of email and marketing automation campaigns and create aggregate scorecards to measure the effectiveness
- Provide insights to internal team members when major transitions occur in email service provider platforms, including potential impact assessment for Manulife executions
- Use third party tools to measure inbox effectiveness, monitoring deliverability beyond server level (hard and soft bounces) to ensure messages are reaching the inbox
- Engage in non-technical dialogue with third party ESPs and smaller ISPs to ensure white listing of Manulife email
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills And Competencies)
- 5+ years’ experience as an email or automation technical developer, or solutions architect working in large scale Marketing Automation platforms, such as, Marketo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, SAS MA
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Marketing, Graphic/Web design or at least five years of related work experience
- Strong knowledge of browser and email environments, including known compatibility issues across platforms and email clients
- Marketing Cloud Certified is an asset
- Strong hands-on knowledge of best practices for email creative, segmentation, dynamic content, testing methodologies, deliverability, and list growth
- Ability to negotiate, mediate, solve problems and influence partners and team members
- Strong communication skills across disciplines and the ability to effectively articulate digital marketing principles based on industry best practice guidelines, personal experience and research findings
- Ability to define and execute best practices for digital marketing throughout the customer journey
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task while managing expectations of numerous stakeholders
- Ideal candidate would have experience marketing in both B2B and B2C environments and understand the tactical differences between marketing to each type of audience
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.8 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.