Packback is looking for a Marketing Automation Manager to join our team in Chicago, IL. As part of the team at Packback, you will be responsible for the management of the Packback’s Marketing Automation Platform (MAP) from a strategic, programmatic, and operational perspective. This position is instrumental in driving the firm’s marketing automation strategy and will define and implement best practices for marketing automation capabilities. Responsibilities include goal alignment, project strategy and management, administration, monitoring and analyzing, governance, quality assurance, and training.
In More Detail, Your Responsibilities Will Be
This role is a key role at Packback and you will be responsible for building out our end-to-end email automation. You will get the opportunity to have an outsized impact on the business, to get involved with business processes across the entire company, and gain a huge amount of experience in a dynamic, EdTech environment.
- The development of Marketing Automation strategies to promote long-term growth for Packback and engagement with our target audience in education.
- Reviewing of existing marketing campaigns across the business, and automating where appropriate
- Delivering a steady stream of qualified leads for the organization
- Ensuring the marketing automation platform communicates seamlessly with other parts of the business.
- Implementing and enforcing lead scoring practices to enable higher conversions of quality leads
- Carrying out A/B testing on automated marketing campaigns to maximize results
- Working collaboratively with other departments to ensure automated campaigns achieve company goals
Why You Should Work at Packback
- Our platform, Packback Questions, is used by hundreds of professors, and tens of thousands of college students, who collectively author millions of posts per semester. You will be a part of building a platform that has a huge impact on inspiring curiosity in students.
- Solve interesting technical problems. We reward people who like to wear many hats. You will get involved in marketing, sales, finance, and engineering.
- Packback is a rapidly growing company. If you like being able to make an impact on a daily basis, we’re a good fit for you.
Job Details & Benefits
Competitive Benefits: Our salary ranges are competitive, and have clear expectations for professional growth. We offer full health insurance; option for dental, vision, and life; Short-term disability insurance, a 401k, and unlimited vacation policy.
A culture that you can be proud to build: We work hard at building an inclusive culture of curiosity and continuous learning at Packback, where every voice matters and can make an enormous impact on the business. As with any role at Packback, being a good steward of our values, and using them to inform decisions and communication is essential.
A company that invests in you and your family: Packback offers 6 weeks fully paid, gender non-specific extended leave policy (for either parent welcoming a new child through birth or adoption, to care for a family member in need, or for bereavement).
Work-life balance: We have a lovely office located conveniently in the Loop, close to CTA lines and Metra.
- You should have 3-5 years experience in a marketing automation capacity, and extensive experience working with Packback’s automation platform of choice, Pardot.
- You should have a proven ability to build fully-automated email workflows, and expertise related to A-B testing.
- Knowledge of email best practices, including subject lines, deliverability, segmentation, and CAN-SPAM/anti-spam law (GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce
- Strong analytical mindset with the ability to analyze then optimize campaigns and lead funnels throughout the buyer journey
- Strong copywriting and proofreading skills.
More About Packback
Our purpose is awakening and fueling the lifelong curiosity in every student. We are a social learning platform powered by a proprietary A.I. that college professors use to help their students fall in love with the subject matter, drive personalized learning, and most importantly, quantify and improve student critical thinking skills.
Our commitment to diversity
Working in the Education Technology space, Packback believes it is an ethical necessity for us to work to build a diverse and inclusive team, to help us better consider the needs of our diverse audience of students with a wide range of educational backgrounds and educational needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.