The American Enterprise Institute (AEI), a public policy think tank in Washington, DC, seeks an entrepreneurial, strategic, and collaborative marketing professional to become our next marketing manager. The marketing manager will support AEI’s communications and outreach goals by developing and implementing audience-nurturing strategies and overseeing the Institute’s marketing automation system, Marketo.
Primary responsibilities include designing creative and robust audience-nurturing programs such as lead-scoring and engagement programs, devising custom automated event and email programs, and managing the Institute’s Marketo instance.
We are searching for someone enthusiastic about using marketing technology to disseminate AEI’s public policy ideas. The ideal candidate will have three to five years of experience with Marketo or a similar marketing automation platform, preferably in a nonprofit environment. Superior written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with both technical and nontechnical individuals, are crucial. A demonstrated background in devising complex automated email programs is required. A highly organized, service- and detail-oriented personality with strong logic, analytical, and problem-solving skills is essential. Marketo expert certification and Salesforce experience are preferred. An interest in public policy and a commitment to the principles of expanding liberty, increasing individual opportunity, and strengthening the free enterprise system are beneficial.
This position is on-site at AEI headquarters in Washington, DC. Qualified candidates should submit an online application at www.aei.org/jobs, complete with a cover letter, a resume, and transcripts.
- Manage a Marketo instance with 60+ users
- Develop strategic plans for audience nurturing to take AEI’s marketing to the next level
- Guide future development of Marketo with complex event programs, engagement programs, and lead scoring
- Collaborate with internal teams to translate their needs into a custom email or event program
- Design custom email templates that are compatible with Marketo using CSS and HTML
- Build a relationship with the Marketo customer success manager
- Manage the Marketo database and Marketo-Salesforce sync
- Collaborate with the Salesforce administrator on Marketo-Salesforce integration
- Train and mentor the marketing assistant and department intern(s)
- Import or integrate contacts into Marketo for lead generation projects
- Design and build Marketo forms and landing pages using custom CSS
- Promote user adoption through mentoring existing Marketo users and cultivating a team of power users embedded across AEI business and research departments
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or a similar field
- 3–5 years of experience with a marketing automation system, preferably Marketo
- Deep, practical expertise in email marketing automation
- Marketo Certified Expert credentials preferred
- Strong interest in developing new marketing initiatives
- Ability to translate sales-based marketing strategies into a nonprofit environment
- HTML and CSS experience
- Adobe Illustrator and Dreamweaver experience
- MS Office proficiency, especially Excel
- Self-starter and collaborative team player
- Superior written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Salesforce experience preferred
The American Enterprise Institute (AEI) is a public policy think tank dedicated to defending human dignity, expanding human potential, and building a freer and safer world. The work of its scholars and staff advances ideas rooted in a belief in democracy, free enterprise, American strength and global leadership, solidarity with those at the periphery of our society, and a pluralistic, entrepreneurial culture.
AEI is committed to making the intellectual, moral, and practical case for expanding freedom, increasing individual opportunity, and strengthening the free enterprise system in America and around the world. Its work explores ideas that further these goals, and AEI scholars take part in this pursuit with academic freedom. AEI operates independently of any political party and has no institutional positions. Its scholars’ conclusions are fueled by rigorous, data-driven research and broad-ranging evidence.