About Bergdorf Goodman
As the house of extraordinary taste for almost 120-years,
We are New York’s original icon of style.
The legendary window on inventive inspiration,
Discerning since day one, we define the culture of fashion.
We are a community of “creative ingeniuses”
Cultivating experiences beyond the expected,
and nurturing ideas that inspire the joy of discovery.
We thrive on bringing exceptional creative talents together.
We are unabashedly luxury. And luxury is ours to define.
We are Bergdorf Goodman
Darcy Penick, President of Bergdorf Goodman and one of the first leaders in pure-play fashion e-commerce, has built a team of industry pioneers who are bringing their collective expertise and commitment to operational excellence to the world of Bergdorf Goodman. As the destination to discover best in class designers, emerging brands and exclusive products, Bergdorf Goodman provides customers with transformative experiences that embody the definition of modern luxury.
Manager, Trigger Emails
In this role, the Manager, Trigger Emails will be responsible to optimize and set up new triggered messaging across Email and Mobile Messaging to drive sales and engagement for Bergdorf Goodman. This role is key to welcome new subscribers to the brand, inform of customers of important information about recent purchases, excite loyal customers with personalized recommendations and to re-engage at risk or lapsed customers.
- Create Trigger and Transactional Email & Mobile strategy and roadmap to drive sales growth and engagement
- Define optimization strategy, new campaigns to set up and test roadmap for Lifecycle Marketing messages including: welcome series, at risk series, order confirmation, shipping confirmation, you may also like, abandoned cart, order cancellation, shipping summary, return summary, upcoming delivery (amongst others)
- Forecast monthly sales, determining test and optimization strategies to increase contribution
- Develop plans to test and support CRM lifecycle marketing test and long term strategies to grow engagement, retention, acquisition and re-activation amongst subscribers, prioritizing recommendations driving the biggest impact
- Determine new messages needed to inform customers of interests or recent purchases
- Create audience strategy, building segments, determining cadence/customer, monitoring overlap with editorial emails to prevent customer fatigue and improve engagement
- Manage, drive coordination and full setup of new and existing messages across internal and external partners, including agency partners and platforms, internal Product teams, CRM teams, Creative and Analytics
- Manage platform/agency partners and partner with Assistant Manager to ensure seamless setup of new campaigns (includes ensuring QA, audience setup, segmentation, copy, tracking are correct before deployment)
- Develop new processes and set clear deadlines as needed, fostering strong relationships with Technology/Product, CRM, Merchandising, and Creative teams as well as external partners including Push Notification platform and ESP agency
- Automate and personalize wherever possible, leveraging internal and external platform capabilities
- Optimize the Email and Mobile Messaging channels to drive engagement and sales for Bergdorf Goodman
- Determine how to improve sales and engagement, leveraging data to actively drive optimizations, such as optimizing frequency, personalizing messaging, refining segmentation, time of day, landing pages and cadence
- Analyze and recommend Mobile Messaging strategy, particularly SMS text, Inbox & geotargeted notifications
- Support preference center changes to improve customer experience based on interest and affinity
- Pull and analyze triggered and transactional Email campaign performance ongoing, closely monitoring and sharing insights around what’s working, test results and overall performance to goals with stakeholders
- Leverage learnings to improve unique CTR, sales and conversion rates; closely monitor Email and Mobile list health and unsubscribe rates
- Act as the trigger and transactional subject expert, sharing best practices, industry benchmarks and competitive trends
- Establish benchmarks around core KPIs such as conversion rates, deliverability, unique CTR and unsubscribe rate
- 4-6 years of experience in Email Marketing and Mobile Messaging (in house or agency experience)
- Direct experience with setting up and optimizing triggered and transactional Email and Mobile Messages across platforms such as: Responsys, Bluecore, Braze, Marketo, Hubspot, Urban Airship, Braze, Twilio, Cheetahmail, Bluecore, Narvar, SendGrid and/or other Email and Mobile Marketing platforms
- Experience launching new triggered messages across platforms
- Understanding of various Mobile Messaging marketing tactics and engineering needs to measure performance and tracking, including inbox messages, push notifications/SMS and mobile wallet
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, ability to manage deadline, and prioritize
- Experience with A/B test design and analysis
- Able to create new partnerships across internal and external teams, including Engineers/Technology, Analytics and Creative partners to develop assets and optimize campaigns in a timely manner
- Passion for driving customer loyalty, personalization and the Email and Mobile marketing landscape, proactively attending industry events, fostering strong relationships with agency experts and sharing new ideas to the wider Email Team
- Exceptional proactive project management and organization skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of developing audience segments, campaigns, and creative geared towards retention and LTV
- Strong analytical skills, understanding of tangible KPIs to meet goals and familiarity with Adobe and Tableau