We are all living in the digital age where the world continues to become a much smaller and better connected place. As a result, the massive amounts of data and information can be difficult to handle. We continue to develop powerful ways to help create, collect, and access content to augment both personal and professional lives.
In order to deliver and expand on this vision, we’re looking for a seasoned marketing operations professional to drive strategy, automation, and performance. This person is experienced using marketing technology to market multiple software products to both consumers and enterprises around the world. This role requires a process-oriented individual who understands the nuances of executing campaigns that leverage email, in-app, push and web channels. They have experience keeping track of dependencies and schedules that take into account team reviews, legal reviews and inevitable last minute changes. They are skilled at facilitating meetings, delegating tasks and maintaining detailed logs of action items and agreements. They will also have the ability to work with cross-functional teams to ensure campaigns launch on time. They will have a comprehensive approach (and expertise) to drive quality assurance, optimize customer journeys, and improve the overall user experience through data, insights, experimentation, and tooling.
In This Role
- You will drive, consult, gather, and document requirements for customer journeys, experiments, and other interactions to drive customer engagement.
- You will manage the development, QA, and deployment of journeys using our marketing automation applications for marketing email, web, in-app, and push communications.
- You will manage the creation of complex, personalized, dynamic, and multilingual messages.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams - Product Marketing, Sales, Creative services, Analytics, Growth, Engineering and International.
- You will structure and implement marketing tests to drive optimization (e.g., subject lines, test creative, copy, audience segments, triggers, etc.).
- You will manage a team of highly skilled automation engineers, providing support, guidance and coaching to help them accomplish personal, team and company objectives.
- You will continually improve and optimize customer communications, capabilities, processes, and documentation.
- Provide insights and recommendations to stakeholders and marketing teams to improve communications performance, backend tracking, and reporting.
- Work with marketing technology and operations teams to spot gaps in the current process, resolve the issues and make timely and best recommendations for improvement.
Requirements And Skills
- 5+ years of experience in marketing automation and operations with demonstrated success in creating, testing and executing experiments, campaigns, and automations.
- Process orientated, have worked in an Agile/SCRUM environment. Strong documentation, coordination, and project management skills.
- Experience building email and nurture campaigns. You need experience with running campaigns within a marketing automation/multichannel orchestration platform (Iterable a plus).
- Experience in execution of complex, triggered based campaigns (international experience preferred) and A/B and multivariate test design.
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML, CSS, and SQL.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills: Ability to articulate complex workflows, dependencies, solutions, and trade-offs.
- You are methodical with a strong desire to test, learn, and iterate.
- You need a real passion for new technologies, unconventional thinking, and pushing boundaries.
- You are a solution-oriented problem solver: You have the ability (and desire) to regularly step back from the details of a problem, understand what you’re trying to accomplish and come up with creative solutions to achieve success.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Marketing, similar disciplines, or equivalent experience.
What You Need To Succeed
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to ask why, and make recommendations to stakeholders on solutions.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure to be able to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changing requests/priorities.
- Ability to anticipate problems and act proactively.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.