The Manager, Email Marketing will s upport campaign execution for email across various products (promotional, reactivation communication strategies as well as triggered and transactional campaigns) with a constant focus on optimization to achieve click-through rate, conversion, and other key engagement goals.
- Manage email marketing communications deployments (single sends and journeys) through the Salesforce Marketing Cloud email platform to ensure deliverability and deliver on program goals.
- Build and code emails, including personalization and dynamic content.
- Create and build communication journeys that improve customer experience and engagement across all aspects of the student/customer lifecycle.
- Meet with key stakeholders to understand objectives and provide recommendations.
- Manage list segmentation and ensure data extracts for email deployments are accurate. Test and QA all email deployments regularly.
- Manage campaign performance metrics through subject line testing and other qualitative driven testing methods.
- Support the segmentation strategy, cadence, sequencing, and dynamic content rule/logic for all email/SMS efforts.
- Project manages the end to end process in collaboration with internal and external stakeholder partners from campaign planning, testing, and design, to reporting and measuring success through detailed data analysis and insights.
- Working knowledge of HTML and email design principles to code and edit email designs as needed.
- SQL/Ampscript knowledge preferred to segment data and personalize campaigns.
- Experience with marketing automation platforms (Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred; may include experience with ExactTarget, Adobe Experience Cloud, Marketo, Oracle Eloqua, IBM Watson, etc.)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with results-orientation and ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple deadline-oriented projects concurrently and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Understands and monitors competitive landscape, provides insight and recommendations to drive the program business forward as best in class.
- Fanatical when it comes to detail. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth organization and will be able to effectively prioritize the most impactful and important work on your plate and deliver on time.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities, continuously learn new concepts and innovate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively share ideas and work with various stakeholders across all company levels, teams, and partners.
- Bachelor Degree with a focus in Marketing, Communications or Technology
- 3+ years experience managing personalized, dynamic email campaigns
- CRM/Lifecycle marketing experience, including email, SMS, direct mail
- Journey builder, data extensions, and content builder experience in Marketing Cloud a major plus
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud/Exact Target or other major enterprise-level email platforms is required.
- Experience working with major brands or large complex organizations
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to talk to multiple levels of stakeholders
- Email marketing certifications a Plus
- SMS Program experience/certifications a Plus
- MovableInk Experience a Plus
- Google Analytics (or similar)
Kaplan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All positions with Kaplan are paid at least $15 per hour or $31,200 per year for full-time positions. Compensation for specific positions are based on job level, skills, years of experience, and education, among other factors. Additionally, certain positions are bonus or commission eligible.
Kaplan, Inc. is a global educational services company, with about 11,000 employees and operations in nearly 30 countries. We serve one million-plus students each year and partner with about 1,000 educational institutions and 4,000 corporations across the world. Kaplan is the largest subsidiary of Graham Holdings Company (NYSE: GHC).