The Manager, Email Marketing plays an integral role in the development and execution of the brand building engagement strategy for First Look Media, Topic’s streaming service and Topic Studios, ensuring all align with our business goals and individual brand sensibilities to grow audience visibility and support, along with revenue. The Manager will also partner with other First Look Media brands including The Intercept, Field of Vision and the Press Freedom Defense Fund to provide audience development and engagement expertise and support.
- Plan and manage the email editorial calendar and prioritize campaigns based on marketing initiatives and business KPIs
- Strategize and execute email marketing campaigns by collaborating with creative and editorial teams
- Manage email reporting and identify opportunities for growth, a/b testing, and other learnings.
- Maintain relationship with email service provider and stay abreast of platform changes and upgrades that could impact marketing operations
- Determine and create opportunities for subscriber engagement and retention working in conjunction with product and analytics teams
- Build email database in conjunction with the paid marketing team to nurture new leads.
- Partner with events and communications teams to execute promotional campaigns for B2C and B2B events, brand awareness and audience growth
- Coordinate with social leads on audience growth and retention initiatives and brand awareness strategy.
- Monitor the latest email marketing trends and learnings and apply them to overall email strategy as they align with email KPIs and business goals.
- Identify and create opportunities for target marketing by creating segments and email automations.
- Maintain email hygiene and ensure all email marketing is GDPR and CAN-SPAM compliant
- Other appropriately related projects/duties as assigned
Background & Qualifications:
- 5 or more years of marketing experience, with email/newsletter experience (Klaviyo a plus)
- Experience working with editorial, product, creative, and technical teams.
- Some experience working with customer-centered business goals (e.g. subscription, e-commerce or membership).
- Experience building complex segmentation and email automations.
- Comfortable with using data to build out the layered automations needed for engagement and win back.
- Familiarity with developing creative briefs and evaluating concepts / final executions
- Proficiency in internal web tracking solutions (Google Analytics) and native social media measurement tools (Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, YouTube Analytics, etc), and with email platforms and reporting
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical, written, and verbal skills with an eye for creating engaging content to build an audience.
- Hands on, team player with a collaborative mindset open to jumping in where needed to move the business goals forward.
About First Look Media
Boundary-defying innovation. Fierce independence. A deep passion for exploration and excellence defines First Look Media. We are a unique enterprise with one purpose and two missions.
Our for-profit houses Topic Studios, an award-winning entertainment studio that operates across film, television, and podcasts and brings to the screen some of the most culturally significant and provocative stories of our time. We also launched our new Topic branded streaming service, with premier, original, and hand-selected programming from around the globe available on Roku, Apple TV, iOS, Amazon Fire and Android with more coming soon.
Our non-profit is home to The Intercept, renowned for its dedication to fearless, adversarial journalism; Field of Vision, the critically acclaimed, filmmaker-driven documentary unit; and The Press Freedom Defense Fund, supporting journalists, news organizations and whistleblowers standing up for press freedoms and access to information that is in the public interest. Our work here breaks stories through fearless, investigative journalism, produces documentary cinema that explores the world through fresh new perspectives, and supports those who are unjustly threatened in pursuit of a free and open society and press.
Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was founded on the fundamental belief that freedom of expression and of the press, and the power of storytelling, are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
Topic is the flagship streaming service from First Look Media, curated for a curious and engaged audience seeking smart, provocative and meaningful entertainment. The rapidly growing service features North American premieres and exclusive programming from around the world, complemented by a diverse slate of Topic Originals.
Programming on Topic includes: the comedic variety series Second City Presents: The Last Show Left on Earth; Down from London from executive producer Sharon Horgan; horror anthology series Soul City from filmmakers Coodie and Chike; the dramatic series The Virtues from filmmaker Shane Meadows starring Stephen Graham; Maria Bamford’s discussion show on mental health, What’s Your Ailment?!; and international thriller, Pagan Peak.
Topic is available to US and Canadian audiences on Topic.com, Apple iOS, and AppleTV, Android, Amazon Fire TV, and Roku, in addition to Amazon Prime Video Channels, Apple TV Channels, and Roku Premium Channels.
Follow us on: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo and YouTube.
About Topic Studios
Topic Studios is the award-winning entertainment studio from First Look Media that develops, finances and produces provocative and entertaining content for all platforms including theatrical, streaming, television and podcasts.
The Studio is behind such notable films as the Academy Award® winning Spotlight; the critically acclaimed documentary The Fight; the Emmy Award® winning and Peabody® nominated 16 Shots and the docu-series Love Fraud, both on Showtime; Mucho Mucho Amor and the Emmy® nominated docu-series Losers, both streaming on Netflix; and pioneering podcasts including Missing Richard Simmons, the Peabody® nominated Running from COPS, John Cameron Mitchell’s Anthem featuring Glenn Close, Cynthia Erivo and Patti LuPone, and the investigative podcast Somebody.
Listen to our podcasts on iTunes, Luminary, iHeartRadio and Stitcher.
About The Intercept
The Intercept, launched in 2014 to provide an outlet for fearless, adversarial journalism, produces award-winning investigative reporting, analysis, and multimedia content focused on national security, politics, civil liberties, the environment, technology, criminal justice, media, and more. Regular contributors include co-founding editors Glenn Greenwald and Jeremy Scahill.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.