The Email Operations Manager leads a team responsible for developing, executing and monitoring the effectiveness, and optimizing Covetrus North America’s email campaigns as it relates to multiple business channels. The Email Operations Manager will support the Company’s existing initiatives and identify new opportunities to communicate with Covetrus customers via email.
Will be responsible to work cross functionally across multiple business segments and leaders within the organization, agency partners, IT, and analytics to provide email acquisition marketing expertise and ensure that campaigns are executed flawlessly. This job requires daily contact with internal clients and external vendors to track campaign delivery, troubleshoot issues, optimize campaigns based on performance and analytics, and provide analytical reporting.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Increases brand awareness and preference, generates qualified leads, improves customer services and increases customer engagement across all product lines.
- Optimizes all digital communication channels and report on metrics such as for deliverability, mobile rendering, open rates, etc. Q/A all versions of each email campaign, including rendering and testing.
- Manage all B2B email campaigns for various segments to ensure consistent messaging and brand adherence, including automated campaigns, opt-in, nurture, and ad-hoc. Create campaigns that are personalized to the recipient and reinforce the value Covetrus brings to the customer and strengthens our relationship with the customer.
- Coaches team members on meeting performance objectives and provides opportunities for skill development. Monitors team member performance and provides feedback.
- Work with demand generation, product marketing, and development teams on integration and workflows for online form creation to meet sales and marketing goals.
- Keep up to date on and understand external marketing and competitive trends.
- Creating, executing, deploying, and measuring automated emails throughout the customer's journey.
- Develop and own new email marketing programs – test concepts, messages, offers, adjust plans based on results, and roll-out winning tactics on a wider scale.
- HTML production of email sends in collaboration with design and marketing teams.
- Use data to evaluate the effectiveness of existing email campaigns and recommend new approach optimizations based on analysis.
- Develop and implement email marketing campaigns from idea to delivery including campaign creation (designing, development, launch).
- Curating and managing all operational and transactional email communications to Customers from eCommerce systems (order confirm, order tracking, abandon cart, return status, etc.)
- Work with stakeholders on data hygiene, segmentation, and A/B testing of email templates.
- Report on metrics such as deliverability, mobile rendering, open rates, etc. Q/A all versions of each email campaign, including rendering and testing.
- Monitor and verify successful campaign deployment
- Build & edit email automation for various audiences
- Utilizes CRM technology (Salesforce) and marketing automation tools for efficient and effective campaign targeting and performance.
- Leads and assists in other projects and performs other duties as assigned
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Design, or related field; equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
- Strong knowledge in HTML, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign required.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Marketing Automation solutions (Pardot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Emarsys, Hubspot, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Email marketing and/or campaign management
- Minimum of 2 years leading a team, with a proven track record of achieving goals
Competencies And Abilities
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with team members to support negotiation preparation
- Proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships with internal partners.
- Must have ability to follow-through to solve problems.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment, managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to influence to achieve positive outcomes
- Exhibits willingness to accept and incorporate feedback
- Excellent Communication skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law