The Lifecycle Marketing team is transforming the way BARK engages with its millions of customers. We’re mobilizing big data, clever creative and multiple channels to build a 1:1 communications experience that anticipates and answers each customer’s needs across their lifetime with BARK (from prospect nurture & conversion to subscriber engagement & upsell to long-term retention & loyalty). If imagineering programs that deliver the right solution to the right dog at the right time sets your tail a-wagging (metaphorically speaking), then come join us!
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
You will drive efforts to boost customer engagement and retention across our growing subscriber base. You have a strong knowledge of customer communication channels (email, push, SMS) and have a proven track record in managing high-impact multi-channel lifecycle marketing programs. Curiosity fuels your methodical approach to curate test-and-learn experiments aimed to uncover impactful data-driven customer insights, and creatively integrate them into the ongoing customer journey. Your brightest qualities are your entrepreneurial mentality, high-spirited attitude and collaborative spirit (and your coworkers couldn’t agree more!).
- Develop and execute automated lifecycle marketing journeys and one-off campaigns across all CRM channels (including email and SMS) to increase subscriber retention and renewal rates.
- Manage BarkBox and Super Chewer communications calendar and testing roadmap (promotional and triggered).
- Curate the best holistic communications journey across a variety of lifecycle stages, from early engagement to loyalty and at-risk.
- Develop customer segmentation, targeting and contact strategies to maximize performance of key subscriber segments.
- Partner with operations team to manage tests of targeted inserts in monthly delivery boxes.
- Consistently launch and monitor experiments designed to impact subscriber retention and NPS.
- Partner with business leads on goal setting, campaign planning and performance learnings.
- Work with data analytics team to highlight key engagement and churn indicators, and leverage data to continuously strive for personalization at every touchpoint.
- Collaborate with Happy (Customer Experience) team to test retention programs, solve customer issues, and strengthen our best-in-class service.
- Own KPI reporting, including weekly and monthly updates.
- 2-4 years of digital marketing experience in Customer Lifecycle, Subscriber Engagement or Retention roles; experience with D2C subscription services a plus.
- Relevant experience in creating and scaling end-to-end omnichannel programs (email, push, SMS) across customer lifecycle stages.
- Robust experimentation knowledge to continuously optimize the customer experience.
- Proficient across product platforms (eg Amplitude), data platforms (eg Periscope), and CRM platforms (eg Sailthru, Simon Data).
- Demonstrated analytical ability to leverage data to inform insights, formulate recommendations and deliver actionable solutions.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Excellent project management skills with a get-it-done attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- SQL and HTML experience is a plus.
- Positive attitude, collaborative, and must love dogs!
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.