Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is seeking a Customer Marketing Manager to build a customer onboarding experience that helps customers achieve success and become raving fans of Toast. This role will be responsible for partnering cross-functionally to plan, develop and execute marketing programs during the customer’s onboarding lifecycle stage with Toast to increase customer success and reduce the cost to onboard.
We are looking for a curious and results-driven marketing professional that has a deep enthusiasm for understanding and delighting customers. The ideal candidate is someone who has the unique ability to easily switch gears between planning, executing, analyzing, and coordinating programs cross-functionally taking ownership end-to-end. This person enjoys testing and learning at a rigorous pace and dives deep into data to inform future programs.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work closely with Customer Experience, Customer Onboarding, Product Marketing and Product Management teams to develop marketing program plans that improve the customer onboarding experience and help them realize value.
- Develop and execute multichannel marketing campaigns in partnership with Marketing Operations, Business Systems, and Creative Services teams.
- Develop long-term strategy for automated communications based on learnings to improve the customer onboarding experience.
- Analyze the impact of your campaigns on customer success, onboarding costs and go lives.
- Drive internal awareness of programs and their impact through cross-functional communication.
- Identify operational and systems areas of opportunities and collaborate with Marketing Operations and Business Systems teams to implement automated onboarding experiences.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Adaptive, resilient and able to succeed in a fast-paced, changing, dynamic environment- with proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Deep customer empathy; ability to understand audience needs and deliver an amazing programmatic experience
- Data-driven mindset and natural analytical ability
- Strong copywriter and verbal communicator
- Expertise in Marketing Automation Platforms (such as Marketo)
- 5+ years of direct marketing experience
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience in Salesforce and Business intelligence tools (such as Looker)
- Experience in In-Product messaging tools (such as Pendo)
- Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.