We are hiring a Lifecycle Marketing Manager to lead on Customer Retention for Disney+ ANZ, this is a permanent opportunity based in the Melbourne Head office.
Disney+ is The Walt Disney Company’s largest direct-to-consumer streaming entertainment service. In Australia and New Zealand, Disney+ is built around six key entertainment brands (Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Star), accessed across multiple platforms (e.g. TVs, mobile devices, consoles etc.).
Disney’s Australia and New Zealand team is responsible for the day-to-day operation of Disney+ in the market, specifically focused on customer acquisition and retention, marketing, partnerships and synergy, content programming, research and analytics.
The Lifecycle Marketing Manager (Retention) will be a key member of the Disney+ Product & Lifecycle Marketing team based in Melbourne, and will be instrumental in driving and optimising customer retention across the region.
This customer marketing role has significant opportunity for bottom-line impact and growth. The individual will be working with local and global leads in Programming, Awareness and Performance Marketing, Strategy and Data Analytics, Product and Product Marketing, to drive retention metrics, minimise churn and extend customer lifetime value through rigorous test, measure, learn.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of a long-range subscriber retention strategy and detailed plans targeting priority active and churned subscriber cohorts as defined in collaboration with internal Strategy & Data Analytics partners.
- Responsible for the delivery and optimisation of core retention KPIs, both leading and lagging metrics (content reach, subscriber frequency and engagement; churn risk, churn rate, subscriber reconnects).
- Collaborate with Strategy & Data Analytics and Brand Marketing partners to fully understand and monitor subscriber behaviours, content preferences, needs and frustrations, and media consumption patterns, in order to define cohorts, build data-led personas, and develop tailored retention plans.
- Drive development, implementation and iteration of new and improved methods of reaching and engaging subscribers, in collaboration with local and global Product and Product Marketing teams.
- Review, test and optimise automated customer lifecycle and cancellation journeys, messaging and save tactics. Review, test and optimise personalised and content-led lifecycle communications and formats, ensuring alignment with broader Disney+ brand and title campaigns and priority content beats.
- Produce regular reports and presentations monitoring subscriber retention, lifetime value, and risk; articulating strategic priorities, plans and tactics; competitor activity and retention best practise.
- Build positive relationships and collaborate effectively with key stakeholders including local Finance & Strategy, Legal, Marketing, and Product teams, locally and globally.
- Successful track record in customer relationship management with 5yrs+ of professional experience ideally within the subscription video on demand or broader subscription-based media and entertainment landscape.
- Proven ability to apply market and business data, and strategic thinking, to develop a retention strategy and detailed plans, and to execute those plans to deliver improvements to retention trading KPIs.
- A deep understanding and interest in latest retention techniques, awareness of the unique challenges of a consumer subscription business essential.
- Experience with CRM (particularly Salesforce Marketing Cloud), Paid media marketing tools (e.g. Facebook Ad manager), and analytics tools (Looker, Tableau an advantage).
- Results-focused with extensive experience in test and learn at a customer and campaign level.
- Thrives through working in cross-functional / multi-territory teams, ideally experience in an international matrix organisation.
- Data-centric essential.
- Analytical mind-set, strategic thinker
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Effective relationship builder, and a collaborative, constructive team player
- Positive attitude and flexible of thought, champions change and drives results
- Curious, resourceful and a creative problem-solver
- Discreet and able to follow strict commercial confidentiality disciplines
- Able to work well with ambiguity, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
This is unique opportunity to join the talented team that develops and delivers unparalleled entertainment across Australia and New Zealand so if this role captures your imagination then apply now!
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.