Lifecycle Marketing Manager
The Org is the world’s biggest network of public org charts. We’re on a mission to make organizations more transparent to improve internal and external collaboration. The Org is doing for the public org chart what LinkedIn did for the public resume. As a job seeker, why is it so hard to get an idea about who you'll be working with? As an employee, why is there no single place to get to know your colleagues and learn how every team works? As a team leader, why can't you study how similar companies operate and apply their processes and learnings on your own team? We're on a mission to solve all of this and more. We lead by example, and operate honestly and transparently, to show the world the value of transparency in business. We’re backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Founders Fund, Sequoia, Balderton and Tiger Global.
As Lifecycle Marketing Manager, you will be an early member of our New York City-based Marketing Team. This is a brand new role on the team and we’re looking for a person who loves understanding, diving into, and building customer journeys, and as such will have an immediate and direct impact on key company-level growth. You will be on the frontlines of our business.
We’re mobilizing big data, clever creative, and multiple channels to build a 1:1 communications experience that predicts and delivers on user needs at every stage. This is the first lifecycle marketing hire and the role will have the opportunity for growth, mentorship, and key strategic input at the company level. In short: this role will not only ideate but also execute on a plan for converting and engaging the most forward-thinking entrepreneurs and employees in the world.
What you'll do:
- Define and lead The Org’s multifaceted lifecycle marketing strategy.
- Develop and execute automated lifecycle marketing journeys and one-off campaigns across all CRM channels (including email, in-browser, and SMS) to increase subscriber retention and renewal rates.
- Collaborate with the product team on user journeys from onboarding to inviting friends.
- Design communications and notifications to encourage more usage and distribution.
- Develop customer segmentation, targeting, and contact strategies to maximize the performance of key subscriber segments.
- Consistently launch and monitor experiments designed to impact user retention, engagement, and product development.
- Work with the Analytics and Data Engineering team to highlight key engagement and churn indicators, and leverage data to continuously strive for personalization at every touchpoint.
- Set objective goals and proactively measure and communicate results to the wider organization.
- Produce compelling and informative content to help our users be more successful on The Org and at work.
We are seeking someone who has built a lifecycle marketing experience from the ground up. Someone who is excited to take on that challenge at the earliest stage of a high-growth company aiming to redefine the future of work. You should be curious about the future of work and how the tools we use to work together need to be rebuilt completely.
- 2+ years of marketing experience in high-growth startups or fast-moving companies, with direct experience in lifecycle marketing.
- Relevant experience in creating and scaling end-to-end omnichannel programs (email, push, SMS) across customer lifecycle stages.
- Extensive writing experience and love for the craft.
- Experience with ESPs like Customer.io, CRM tools like Hubspot, and analytics tools like Amplitude.
- Expertise in crafting marketing personas and targeting them with personalized content
- Strong familiarity with B2C content initiatives (B2B experience is a plus!)
- SQL, HTML, and CSS experience is a plus.
1. Do the dishes - We value people that put the team first and do whatever is necessary regardless of your seniority or what your job description says. Sometimes that might mean you literally need to do the dishes
2. Go for it! - We value people that take initiative and execute on their ideas. We take ownership and passionately seize opportunities to create, to learn, and to grow. We run towards a problem, rather than away from it, and fail fast and learn from our mistakes.
3. Be a contrarian - We dare to go against popular beliefs and seek out principle-first solutions over incremental progress. We aim to find the best solution, not the obvious one or the one that’s been found by others before.
4. “Hygge” - A Danish word meaning “cozy”, “belonging” or “togetherness”, representing the way we treat our office community. We value diversity and seek out people who want to join the “hygge”.
5. Transparency starts here - We’re on a mission to make organizations more transparent. We lead by example, and operate honestly and transparently, to show the world the value of transparency in business
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Commuter benefits
- Amazing office in Soho, Manhattan
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
- Awesome colleagues
This role is expected to be an L3 non-technical NY position. Please see our salary ranges here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12_tMXeZf_HXvIq5hhJabgV6AYyP5SNNDGJ9c85dkxYw/edit#gid=0
The Org is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company supports diversity and inclusion in its core values and does not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law or local ordinance. When necessary, the company will reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities if the person is otherwise qualified to safely perform all of the essential functions of the position. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. The Org has made existing facilities used by employees readily accessible to and usable by individuals with disabilities.