Shine is on a mission to make caring for your mental and emotional health easier, more representative, and more inclusive. And we believe it all starts with making self-care an easy daily ritual, for all of us.
Named one of the Best Apps of 2020 by Apple, the Shine app helps you meditate, connect, and reflect, and go deeper with over 1,000 meditations. We’ve found increased use of Shine is correlated with decreases in both anxiety and depression by up to 35%. One in three reviews call our app “life-changing.”
Shine is looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Manager to join the marketing team to leverage email, push notifications, and in-app messaging to create compelling messaging campaigns that drive revenue, engagement, and retention. This is an exciting opportunity to take Shine’s lifecycle marketing strategy to the next level, build your skills in customer segmentation strategy, and make a real impact on our users’ lives.
You’ll map out the overall user journey and make sure we’re sending users the right messages to the right users at the right time to drive business metrics.
About The Role
This is a cross-functional role that will report to the Director of Marketing and work closely with the content and product teams. Your work will have a direct impact on the business as well as our members. In this role, you will:
- Lead the strategy and implementation for messaging campaigns across email, push notification and in-app messaging to drive conversion to increase revenue, and reduce churn with retention-focused campaigns
- Lead the strategy and implementation of email nurture campaigns to drive B2B leads for our Shine at Work program
- Use quantitative data and qualitative data to inform experiments and new messaging campaigns
- Identify areas for audience segmentation to drive engagement, conversion, and retention
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing to create custom messaging flows based on acquisition channels to drive conversion
- Continuously test, measure, and iterate on campaigns based on learnings
- Work cross functionally with the marketing and content team to develop the email and in-app messaging strategy for new feature and content launches
- Support our B2B team with emails for events and promotional opportunities
- Improve our internal processes to increase the output of emails
- Own the strategy for NPS — when we should serve to users and the distribution of NPS messaging
- Analyze results of campaigns and report on learnings in team-wide meetings
You’re a curious, collaborative, and data-driven marketer with experience driving business results across different areas of the user lifecycle. You’re looking for an opportunity to use your skills to make a real impact on people’s daily lives by making it easier for them to practice self-care.
- You’re passionate about Shine’s mission to make taking care of your mental health easier, more representative, and accessible for all
- You have 3-5 years experience in an email marketing or lifecycle marketing role at a consumer subscription company or high growth startup environment
- You’re a detail-obsessed, organized, and an effective communicator
- You’re an effective copywriter who writes with empathy and the users’ needs top of mind
- You have the ability to adapt and pivot based on the most important needs facing the business
- You have the ability to balance both big picture strategy and execution
- You have expertise and in-depth knowledge using marketing automation and email marketing tools (We’re currently using LeanPlum)
- You have experience using analytics tools (Mixpanel, Google Analytics) and a passion for uncovering insights about our users that will improve their experience with the product