ABOUT THIS ROLE
One of our biggest levers for growth right now is to engage and deeply activate paying members (both cohort and non-cohort members), and this is a heavy lift as we make the CRM transition and start setting up customer journeys in our ESP. To start this role will primarily be focused on building our email foundations and heavily execution-focused, but will evolve to include broader lifecycle program management.
Reforge was founded by Brian Balfour (former VP Growth @ HubSpot, 3X venture backed founder). The team bootstrapped the company to a profitable, 8-figure revenue company. We recently raised $21.5M from Andrew Chen and Anish Acharya at Andreessen Horowitz along with a group of 100 C and VP level leaders.
Our professional world is changing faster than ever. This accelerating change creates more opportunity, but how professionals capture this opportunity is lagging far behind. Professional development and masters level education is a lifelong endeavor, however there is a growing gap of what professionals want/need and the existing options available.
Our mission is to help motivated tech practitioners do the best work of their careers. By distilling the hard-earned insights from the top leaders in tech, offering a supportive community, and providing key guidance, we enable our participants to drive real results, increase their impact, and lead with confidence.
We work with the leaders of the fastest growing and most innovative companies such as Uber, Pinterest, Atlassian, and HubSpot to teach frontier topics to today's emerging leaders. Our programs focus on:
- Results over certifications
- Going deep, rather than skimming the surface
- Continuous learning, over static expertise
In just a couple of years, we've built a thriving community of emerging leaders solving problems at Airbnb, LinkedIn, Salesforce, Amazon, Facebook, New York Times, Peloton, Stitch Fix, and many more. Here are just a few comments from our alums:
“I got my MBA at Berkeley, but this program has been more transformational for me than the entire two years I spent there. Thank you!”
“Reforge is easily the highest quality professional skills program out there. If I had to choose between attending an unlimited number of industry conferences, versus going only to the Reforge, I'd choose Reforge without hesitation.”
“Reforge has easily been one of the best investments of time and money I've ever made in my professional development. I love how the course codifies what I've been doing for the last four years as VP of Marketing.”
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build, manage, and optimize emails across the user journey from application, to purchase, to participant in Reforge programs.
- Pull and analyze campaign reports to extract insights and transform those insights into actionable changes that will accelerate performance across conversion, engagement, and retention.
- Collaborate with Product and Design to develop a deep, data-driven understanding of customer mindsets and behaviors in order to provide a remarkable user journey at every touchpoint.
- Monitor our marketing communications health (domain score, IP score, email list health, SMS deliverability, Push, etc.) and the quality of our marketing data (list segmentation, unsubscribe management, etc).
- Build, manage and optimize engagement and retention systems and campaigns across channels (email, SMS, in-product, Customer Support prompts, etc.) iterating continuously to improve performance and long-term loyalty.
- Manage updates to the marketing website to improve user experience, lead capture, and conversion.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to upgrade our data availability, MarTech integrations (Iterable, Zapier, Segment, Sendgrid, etc.), and product features to work seamlessly with all lifecycle programs.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years experience working in email or lifecycle marketing, ideally at a tech startup or mid-stage company.
- You are a technical Marketer with a background in lifecycle marketing and with experience managing MarTech stacks.
- You have experience with a variety of Marketing Automation Tools, analytics platforms, and data integration technologies.
- You have excellent interpersonal communication skills and you know how to work with everyone. You are just as comfortable giving a presentation to the CEO as you are speaking with an engineer, a designer, or copywriter.
- You are highly capable with data but also have strong writing skills. You can gather insights from data and then craft user communications across email, SMS, landing pages, etc.
- You are naturally self-directed, operate at a high cadence, and are enthusiastic about remote work.
- Track record of building dashboards, providing regular reporting, and ultimately moving numbers for the business.
The internal mission of Reforge is to create an environment where you create the best work of your career. In order to do that we offer:
- Flexible/Distributed Work Environment - Everyone does their best work in different environments. We operate as a distributed-first team and offer financial support that enables you to create the schedule and environment that fits to you. We offer financial support in creating this environment.
- Professional Development - We focus on a culture of learning. We offer full financial reimbursement for almost all professional development interests and efforts.
- Benefits - We offer top rated health, vision, and dental insurance. We cover 100% of monthly premiums for employees, and 70% for dependents.
- Salary + Equity - We offer highly competitive salary and equity inline with top tier technology companies.
- Flexible PTO - Having plentiful “off the grid” time is a key to doing your best work. We offer flexible PTO. Take time when you need it. Everyone must take at least 10 days per year, and we highly encourage more.
- 401K - We offer the opportunity to contribute to a company-sponsored retirement plan
- At Reforge, we believe in the strength that difference brings to our business, our culture, and our community. We value the opinions and experiences of all our employees and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by law.