Job Title: Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Location: Ventura, CA
Reports To: Director, Digital Media Paid & Purpose
The Lifecycle Manager is a vital member of the Direct to Customer (DTC) marketing group and is responsible for building out thoughtful and cohesive omni-channel customer journeys. As Lifecycle Marketing Manager, you will work from ideation to execution on creating a best-in-class journey.
In the ideation stage, you will analyze past performance and look ahead to future product and brand initiatives, collaborating with creative partners to develop strategies. You will work directly in our ESP interface to create those journeys, working with IT and development partners as needed. You will build out reporting utilizing customer data platform tools to help understand the efficacy of messaging, as well as purchasing and engagement patterns in customers across multiple product teams, business units, and regions.
What You’ll Do
- Understand the lifecycle framework, define target audiences, and develop corresponding communication strategies across multiple channels.
- Identify and apply best practices to measure, analyze, test and determine new opportunities and provide recommendations for improved customer experience. Optimize performance through A/B testing and partner with performance marketing to deliver results and make program improvements.
- Consult with other regions and business units on best practices for email automation and omni-channel customer journeys.
- Collaborate with ActionWorks, Provisions, and Worn Wear marketing teams to create, launch, and maintain cross-channel and cross-brand customer journeys.
- Partner with key business partners including Retail and Category Marketers and Creative teams to develop, execute and optimize a program that promotes customer loyalty and retention.
- Scope, manage, and onboard vendor relationships, identifying the latest email and/or automation technologies.
- Set up and manage email data integrations in collaboration with Web Development and IT teams.
- Build and present reports and dashboards in Tableau showing efficacy of automations, customer purchasing behavior, and cross channel behavioral insights.
- Manage automated and transactional emails in ESP including setup and deployment.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of other online retailers' email campaigns. Make recommendations for changes/improvements to Email Marketing Manager and team based on findings.
- Support Email Marketing Manager’s functions as needed.
Who You Are
- Environmentalist – you’re passionate about saving our home planet and building on our base of loyal customers that feel the same way
- Strong communicator – you are able to keep other teams updated on the status of cross-functional projects, you work well with multiple stakeholders, and like giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Data-savvy– you enjoy looking at complex data sets to tell a cohesive and unbiased story, you enjoy tracking the efficacy of omni-channel journeys and have a passion for driving results
- Detail oriented – you are prepared to get in the weeds to ensure emails and journeys are properly QAd before deployment
- Thought leader – you are up to date in latest email and CRM technologies and desire to always be a student of marketing
- A self-starter with strong organization skills, is collaborative with team members, and has strong interpersonal skills
Experience You Bring
- 5+ years managing Lifecycle Marketing in-house or at an agency
- 5+ years in a retail, Direct to Consumer, or agency environment
- Familiarity in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Klaviyo, or other leading ESPs
- Strong attention to detail required to QA emails and deploy emails effectively
- Ability to manage multiple projects end-to-end to meet objectives and deadlines
- Ability to work late when necessary to ensure emails are set for on-time deployment
- Strong Excel skills; basic knowledge of HTML and dynamic elements in email
- Experience with web analytic software such as Adobe Analytics ? or Google Analytics and UTM tracking codes
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with principles of online and email marketing
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Must be able to travel utilizing various transportation methods.
Patagonia requires all employees who enter a Patagonia owned or operated facility or who physically interact with others as part of their job duties to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment, subject to exemptions for sincerely held religious beliefs, or medical reasons.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.