Okta’s Lifecycle Marketing team plays a critical role in accelerating Okta’s growth via strategic lifecycle nurture design for our engaged prospects and customers. As a part of the Demand Generation organization, our charter is simple: to build better buyers. From helping engaged prospects deepen their knowledge of our value proposition all the way through ensuring that customers know the best solutions to adopt (and renew!), our team is there leading the way. Our day to day work involves building strategic plans for ensuring that the buyers we build are the best they can be, collaborating with stakeholders to coordinate our motions, and executing on our plans with active builds of complex nurture streams that are designed to surpass every known marketing benchmark. Our goals and work mandate are lofty—as is our passion for fun and success!
Putting this into action, you can expect on a day-to-day basis to be building strategic messaging plans for our buyers by lifecycle stage and socializing/improving those plans over time, creating milestones and goals that demonstratively impact our marketing and sales funnel, creating messaging briefs (or the messaging itself) for all steps in your journeys, creating or curating assets for use, and more. As a team, our strategy is to build and own the journey and all nurtures therein while working with boundary teams or agencies to build out assets and copy. In this role specifically, you will be our security expert and owner for all-things-security that go into our nurtures for prospects and customers.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in lifecycle marketing or campaigns and is ready to create the strategy and execute on that strategy for all security messaging. They will be able to own multiple cross-functional relationships (this role is cross-functional by nature), create program/project plans, track and mitigate risks, and be proactive in communicating out-and-up against our goals for the year. The ideal candidate will join a highly performant team and the bar will be set quite high for quality of work, quality of fun, and quality of willingness to take risks!
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Create content (strategy, copy, assets) that helps educate and motivate our prospective customer base to engage in a buying cycle for Okta’s security offerings.
- Execute on our lifecycle marketing strategy by designing and building journeys that engage prospects and customers throughout the marketing and sales funnel
- Map our current go-to-market motions and security messaging to relevant segments and personas for AMER, EMEA, and APAC as required
- Identify content gaps and develop assets alongside product marketing and agencies to fill those gaps in an effort to tell a cohesive Okta security story
- Collaborate with product marketing, sales, ads, web, and regional teams to create cohesive security messaging across different channels
- Monitor and optimize your programs to ensure they are performant and pivot when needed
- Be ready to examine your work carefully with data and be ready to support your decisions when the data and anecdotes differ (or when they are similar!)
- Personalize content for our different target audiences and make recommendations for when that targeting requires updates
- Prior experience building successful multi-channel and integrated enterprise campaigns
- Strong understanding of demand generation, nurture best practices, and campaign creation
- 6+ years of overall industry experience; 4+ years of closely related experience
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in a business, marketing or technical field preferred
- Proficiency with Excel, advanced marketing and reporting tools, and data sets. Marketo experience a plus.
- Strong Salesforce administration skills in specialized campaign management, campaign member uploads, campaign scoring, and lead scoring models
- Strong data and analytical skills — using and interpreting data and analytics to quantify and improve marketing results
- Strong project management skills with an ability to create, execute, and adjust plans as needed
- A desire to have fun, work hard, and drive results for yourself and others
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.