Niche is the leader in school search. Our mission is to make researching and enrolling in schools easy, transparent, and free. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search tools, we help millions of people find the right school for them. We also help thousands of schools recruit more best-fit students, by highlighting what makes them great and making it easier to visit and apply.
Niche is all about finding where you belong, and that mission inspires how we operate every day. We want Niche to be a place where people truly enjoy working and can thrive professionally.
About The Role
We’re looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented Lifecycle Marketing Manager to join the B2C Marketing team. Reporting to the Director of Lifecycle Marketing, you’ll work to drive and optimize user engagement with Niche products by developing, executing, and monitoring various campaigns. You’ll be tasked with marketing our existing product and newly developed features to millions of Niche users and guiding them through the process of choosing the right school or college. In particular, you’ll help create and execute strategies to increase user engagement via email, push notifications, and SMS.
What You Will Do
During the First Month:
- Learn about Niche by meeting with various team members to learn more about our company through our Onboarding meetings
- Collaborate with various team members to learn about the company
- Work with members of the Product and Marketing teams to begin to understand our users and current product marketing strategy
- Learn the ins-and-outs of our multi-channel marketing platform, including how to create and deploy email, app push and SMS
- Transition to be the point person for user engagement campaigns
- Begin to provide day-to-day support to ensure the effective execution and delivery of communication for brand marketing, partnerships, and product department
- Shadow product managers to learn more about how we collaborate with other areas of the business and how your role fits with external stakeholders and teams
Within 3 Months:
- Assume responsibility for all user engagement marketing processes including the writing and sending of lifecycle emails and other messages
- Begin to analyze the results of various product marketing campaigns and identify opportunities and next steps related to strategy and process
- Collaborate with members of the product team to gain expertise in our product marketing and user re-engagement strategies including email lifecycles and mobile notifications
- Begin to build strong relationships with brand marketing and partnerships; understand the goals and needs of those teams and provide appropriate support via product marketing channels
- Collaborate with analysts and begin taking ownership over some analytical processes on the team such as KPI reporting, dashboards, and presentation of results related to product marketing campaigns and user re-engagement
Within 6 Months:
- You will have a strong understanding of our user re-engagement and product marketing strategy
- You will have knowledge of business and revenue strategy as well as how your role fits into an external team’s strategies and workflow
- You will begin to be more involved in strategic decision including planning future campaigns
- Develop and own processes to efficiently maintain, scale, and optimize all recurring product marketing initiatives
- Begin collaboration with other product teams and advocate for data-driven decision making and performance evaluation
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication or a related field
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal
- At least 2 years of experience in lifecycle marketing, preferably B2C focused
- Work experience with an email and/or multi-channel marketing platform
- Data-driven decision making, preferably with A/B testing experience
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but hesitant because your experience doesn't align 100% with the posted requirements? We believe you are more than a resume, so go for it! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to play a part in helping students find where they belong.
- We are a fully flexible workforce empowering our employees to choose to work remotely, in our Pittsburgh office or whatever combination suits you
- Full time, salaried position with competitive compensation in a fast-growing company
- Best-in-class 100% paid employee health plan, including vision and dental and supplemental coverage
- Free unlimited mental health consultations so you can prioritize you and your family’s mental wellbeing
- Stipend that allows you to build your work from home office in a style and function that suits your personal preferences
- Professional Development stipend each year for continuous learning and growth
- Ability to join our diversity committee (Niche Diversity Initiative) to shape company-wide programs and events
- 20 PTO days, 10 Paid Holidays, and 3 Volunteer Days Off per year
- Parental leave for all employees (12 weeks fully paid) in addition to short term disability for birthing parents
- Meaningful Stock options and 401(k) with employer match
- Your ideas and work will make an immediate impact on our company and millions of users
- You will join a team that cares about you, our mission, our work - and celebrates our wins together!
Niche will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future for this opening.
We are currently hiring in states where we currently have employees: AZ, CA, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MO, NE, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, DC.
All interviews are being held remotely.
Niche is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.