At Bitly, we believe in the power of the link - to start a conversation, build a relationship or grow a business. Our mission is to turn every link into a catalyst for connections. It’s what motivates us to help people share, promote and engage everywhere on the Internet. We do this by being relentlessly product-focused, fostering the free-flowing exchange of ideas, and inspiring people around the world to dream up new ways of using Bitly.
Bitly is looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Manager who can thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment. Ideal candidates will have developed an email marketing strategy for SaaS businesses and used email as a powerful tool. This role will be responsible for running programs across the entire customer journey - from acquisition to retention and everything in between. This role reports directly to our San Francisco based Director of Growth Marketing.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop a best-in-class lifecycle marketing strategy and roadmap to personalize tactics across audience segments.
- Partner closely with key stakeholders across Marketing, Product, Customer Success, to develop and execute top of funnel thought leadership, awareness and consideration programs that nurture prospects through the buyers’ journey.
- Understand our target audience, build out segmentation and identify new opportunities that improve the customer journey
- Architect the overall customer journey with the intent to maximize retention and customer LTVs. This includes onboarding, nurturing, win-back and any other relevant programs
- Own the day-to-day execution of email programs including writing, building, scheduling, testing and reporting.
- Support product launches, brand campaigns as well as other types of email communication (transactional, customer, prospecting etc)
- Deploy A/B tests to drive better the most effective ROI
- Identify new email marketing trends, implement best practices and build processes to enable continuous experimentation and iteration.
- Measure and drive program improvements; employ industry best practices and look for opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Evolve the look, feel and sound of our email communications in line with our brand book.
- Knowledge of email best practices including subject lines, messaging, segmentation, list management, deliverability and CAN-SPAM laws
- 5 years experience in an lifecycle marketing role
- Experience in B2B software or tech industry
- Proficiency in Marketing automation platforms (Marketo, Autopilot, Gainsight, etc)
- Strong copywriting experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Customer First. We are fiercely committed to our customer's success. Our Job is to ensure that our trusted platform, performance, and people help customers achieve their goals
- Growth Focused. We are building a fast-growing, healthy business powered by quick learning, constant optimization, and data-driven decisions
- R.E.S.P.E.C.T. We are a team that respects each other and values diversity and inclusion. We treat others as we’d want to be treated and uphold the highest levels of integrity in everything we do
- >(!=) Greater than, not equal to. We are driven to win, bring our “A Game” to work each day and deliver exceptional results
- Do or Do Not, There is No Try. We say what we are going to do and we do it
- Competitive Salary + Stock Options
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance (all LGBT friendly)
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- One Medical membership: Doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 and receive access to expert insurance guidance
- Wellness reimbursement program
- Partial cell phone service reimbursement
- Voluntary LegalShield for legal services and IDShield for identity theft protection
- Unlimited vacation, personal time, and flexible work from home policies
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19, including a $500 home office and separate WiFi stipend
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families
- Budget for professional development opportunities, including courses and conference attendance
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities (when it is safe to do so)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Bitly also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Bitly.