Alpaca is a series A fintech startup that’s raised over $21M in funding. Alpaca builds an API for stock trading that enables developers across the world to build trading algos, applications, and brokerage services.
Alpaca’s globally distributed team consists of developers, traders, and brokerage specialists, and is backed by a group of prominent investors including Spark Capital, Portag3, Social Leverage, Elefund, Y Combinator, and highly experienced industry angel investors. We are also a very tech-enthusiastic team with notable track records in open source and startup communities.
We’re looking for a strategically-minded growth marketer that can help build and champion our customer user journey. The Lifecycle Marketing Manager will oversee two functions: B2B Nurture Marketing and B2C Lifecycle Marketing. In this role, you will cross-collaborate with different functions within marketing to ensure that Alpaca’s integrated campaign messages are highlighted in our automated nurture programs, grow our email marketing channel to engage our database, and work with cross-functional teams to provide strategic guidance and support - amplifying/aligning the message globally.
If you have a passion for building robust, data-driven marketing programs throughout a prospect’s lifecycle, can organize and drive vision, and are capable and comfortable in engaging with executives and individual contributors alike, we want to hear from you.
The marketing team is 100% distributed and remote. This role is an individual contributor reporting directly to the Director of Marketing.
- Own the strategy and day-to-day responsibilities for email marketing, nurture programs, personalization, and local digital marketing support.
- Set initiatives for the lifecycle team in collaboration with other marketing functions that continuously educate our database audience in order to generate and mature pipeline.
- Build agile structure and process to govern the way global and lifecycle marketing teams operate in different countries around the world to improve efficiency. Developing a true center of excellence that spans across many functions.
- Interpret data, analyze results, and develop reports that showcase the impact and performance of lifecycle marketing programs to continuously optimize the customer journey.
- Lead database segmentation initiatives alongside our nurture marketing function to streamline a holistic segmentation strategy shared with other digital marketing stakeholders.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of CRM strategy, creating and building customer lifecycle journeys
- Extensive knowledge and experience in both Marketing Automation and CRM in order to deliver compelling email campaigns that tie into the overarching digital strategy
- Experience building personalized experience for web, email, and other digital properties in order to deliver right message at the right time to the right person
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and capable of clearly articulating vision and strategy
- Has a proven track record of highly effective collaboration, striking deep relationships and ability to influence cross-functional teams to drive towards common performance goals
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment and can quickly adapt to changes
- Have experience in leading team and building out teams
- Ability to present ideas, data and results clearly, and communicate effectively across business teams and with 3rd party vendors/account representatives
Preferred Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
- Desire to function as both strategic marketers and also orchestrate tactical components of integrated marketing campaigns.
- Hubspot, Intercom, Segment, Pendo experience is a plus.
- Familiarity or interest in FinTech, financial markets, algorithmic trading, quant trading, investing applications. FinTech work experience is a plus.
- Excitement about Alpaca and democratizing access to global markets is a plus!