Outlier.org (from the co-founder of MasterClass) is reimagining higher education as a resource that is accessible, equitable, and affordable for everyone. We have developed the world's best online, for-credit university-level courses, taught by some of the most celebrated educators in the world. Our courses employ cinematic content powered by cutting-edge cognitive science to create an immersive, student-friendly learning experience that delivers game-changing student success levels. We are a quickly-growing team working on a dual mission: Increase access to quality college education and dramatically reduce student debt.
Who We Are
Outliers are kind, curious, competent, creative, and resourceful. We are a passionate multidisciplinary team working to increase access to quality education for everyone. We believe in using the scientific method and evidence-based conclusions. We respect intuition and art. We give credit where credit is due. We hold one another to high standards. We value constructive feedback. We love to try new things. We take our work seriously, not ourselves. We work hard and go above-and-beyond to ensure great student outcomes and we strongly believe in taking care of ourselves and making sure we stay healthy to continue to pursue our mission as best we can.
Are you an Outlier?
The Lifecycle Engagement Specialist will have the opportunity to build a sophisticated, automated lifecycle program for a mission-driven company disrupting higher education. In this role, you will motivate and support students along the course journey via lifecycle communications (email, SMS, in-product messaging, push, etc.) to increase student outcomes. You will develop creative, set up A/B tests, analyze and access opportunities for new student automations/campaigns, and work cross-functionally with other teams, including Student Success, Creative, Product, Analytics, Partnerships, and Marketing to build the overall student journey.
This remote, full-time role reports to the Director, Lifecycle Engagement.
What You'll Do
- Setup and optimize student lifecycle email, SMS, in-product messaging, and push automations to improve student outcomes from start to finish. This includes everything from campaign ideation, creative execution, audience targeting, and campaign building.
- Create and optimize automations related to students: onboarding/orientation, course habits and gamification, providing resources, and supporting students at risk of low outcomes.
- Work cross-functionally to develop communication strategies for new key student initiatives
- Create, measure, and iterate on A/B tests to continuously improve our programs
- Monitor and analyze the performance and health of programs and develop insights to guide our creative, segmentation, and channel strategy.
- Be the authority on the student journey; develop a deep understanding of the student mindset, behavior, and how best to use it to deliver outcomes.
Who You Are
- 2-3 years of experience developing retention lifecycle programs; comfortable with creative, segmentation, automation strategy, marketing using digital channels (email, SMS, in-app, push, etc.).
- Experience working directly in an enterprise-grade ESP (Iterable, Braze, ExactTarget, Responsys, ActiveCampaign, etc.), with experience setting up targeting, building multi-step workflows, QA, and hitting send.
- You can develop and execute A/B tests to improve an outcome or goal, utilizing email, SMS, and in-product initiatives.
- Problem solver ready to tackle complex problems with creative solutions
- You are comfortable with quantitative analytics and have experience translating data into business and consumer insights.
- You have sincere attention to detail and a robust QA process. You are confident deploying emails to thousands of students free of grammar, spelling, typos, and other deployment errors.
- You are a cross-functional team player and have shown the ability to execute a vision through consensus building, negotiation, and data-driven persuasion.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Goal-driven with a bias for action and willingness to learn.
- Have a passion for improving education.
Benefits include stock options, health, vision, dental; engaging coworkers; and competitive salary.
Please note: Outlier.org hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans, among others—we welcome and encourage all applicants. One of Outlier.org’s goals is for our team and culture to reflect the diverse student populations we serve. We remain committed to recognizing the best talent wherever it may be.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Outlier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, layoff, termination, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, and benefits.