Bloomscape is a Direct to Consumer plant brand with a mission to become the simplest source in the world for buying and enjoying quality plants. Plants nourish our living spaces in a way that's deeply vital and increasingly necessary in our modern lifestyles. By completely changing the way people buy and experience plants in every area of the home and garden, our big vision is to make Bloomscape the most recognized brand in plants.
We started by offering high-quality, fully grown, potted indoor plants that can be purchased and delivered directly to our customers and we've had a massive response. While we're extending that experience to new categories, we need to remain best-in-class at offering and delivering amazing indoor plants to customers.
Bloomscape is seeking to hire an experienced Lifecycle & Retention Specialist to manage and grow our email and SMS communications. This person will lead the charge in engaging with our customers and contacts via email, SMS and other channels. By leveraging industry best practices and trends, you will create a brand-forward, highly-personalized communication engine that delivers the right content to the right person at the right time.
In this role, you should love nerding out about segmentations, dynamic content, and behavioral marketing. Our email + sms programs are a key driver of engagement and lifetime value of our customers. As the person at the forefront of our strategy, you should be creative and analytical, with an intuitive understanding of marketing automation systems. Your deep understanding of email best practices and hands-on experience managing a lifecycle program will be invaluable to Bloomscape's growth.
A great candidate should be versatile and passionate with strong communication skills. You should have hands-on, daily experience managing, planning, writing, testing, and setting up email and SMS marketing communications and programs. This role is primarily focused on the day-to-day execution of creating and overseeing our email marketing strategy and marketing automation platform (Iterable) as well as our SMS platform (Attentive) among other platforms focused on customer communications and loyalty. Collaborating with Marketing, Growth, and Customer Experience, you will be our guiding voice in email best practices, A/B testing strategies, segmentation, and email marketing trends. You should be comfortable being accountable for KPIs and success metrics including open rate, click rate, channel revenue, and unsubscribes.
This role will report to Bloomscape's VP of Marketing. As we continue to grow, this role will be integral in our success. We are looking for someone who is creative, driven, empathetic, logical, and organized.
- Own our email and SMS marketing communication and platforms to engage with our customers and contacts in a highly personalized way
- Increase email and sms engagement and help us deliver highly personalized plant care content to our customers
- Help manage and run our CRM to scale users, capabilities, and revenue for the business
- Consistently create, setup, and test weekly emails, AB testing creative, audiences, copy and content to continually learn and iterate
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day automation system of workflows, journeys and transaction emails
- Create, leverage, and manage customer lists
- Create and maintain visual cohesion across email communications
- Adhere to brand guidelines and timelines
- Follow and stay up-to-date on email best practices
- Create and maintain automation and segmentation documentation
- Collaborate with marketing team to strategize data collection, segmentations, and communication cadences
- Provide regular performance reporting and analysis for email marketing
- Support key marketing and growth initiatives such as membership & loyalty programs, referral programs, promotional strategies
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or similar
- 2+ years in a hands-on email marketing or marketing automation role
- Some experience building emails from scratch in HTML
- Hands-on experience working in a Marketing Automation platform (Iterable preferred, but not required)
- Excellent data analysis skills, including the ability to find trends in data and adapt as needed to help grow the business
- Strong sense of urgency and resourcefulness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Lifelong learner - thrives from developing and sharing knowledge
- Proactive, enthusiastic hard worker with an eye for detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Self-motivated with ability to work in ambiguity and still drive forward
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Excellent prioritization and problem solving abilities
- Previous startup and/or e-commerce experience, a plus
- Committed employee with a passion for plants and the Bloomscape brand
Bloomscape is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate inclusivity and are committed to building a diverse team.