Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
We're an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Apple, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Google, and many startups. Outschool’s team came together because we wanted to make a difference in education and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents. We value lifelong learners from all perspectives and walks of life, and we hold bringing others in as a core value of our company. We are committed to building a team that can bring a variety of both life and professional experiences to their role.
Now, in the face of mass school closures, our product and expertise has become central to many more families and organizations than ever before. We're committed to access and impact so we founded outschool.org to offer financial assistance to families in need.
We are looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Manager with a deep understanding of email channels, driving activation to purchase, and increasing lifetime value of Outschool parents. This role will be cross-functional, collaborating with other marketing channels, Product, Design, and Analytics teams, with the potential to scale up to a small team of dedicated lifecycle marketers. This will be our first dedicated email hire, and you will be responsible for centralizing all parent facing email campaigns and creating a cross-functional email system focused on driving activation and retention.
- Lead email and lifecycle marketing campaigns that drive buyer activation (top of funnel) and retention (bottom of funnel); your immediate focus will be activation driven with scope expansion over time
- Analyze large amounts of data, identifying trends and cohorts to personalize email marketing campaigns across the funnel
- Partner with other marketing team members and cross-functional team members(e.g., product, design, analytics)
- Gain buy-in on recommendations and level up the broader teams’ lifecycle marketing capabilities
- Advocate for the buyer experience in conjunction with business goal orientation
Desired Experience & Skills
- Experience developing and executing email and lifecycle marketing campaigns across the funnel (e.g., activation, retention)
- A vision of how to leverage data and insights from campaigns, product, and buyer intent, to build out a lifecycle marketing playbook
- Ability to toggle between long term view to strategize/plan and the deep weeds to execute
- Understanding of the drivers of successful lifecycle marketing and email marketing
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams (e.g., product, marketing) to drive high priority business goals
- Desire to create high functioning systems across an organization
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You have 3+ years of experience developing lifecycle programs and are comfortable with segmentation, automation strategy, and marketing using digital channels (email, in-app, push, etc.)
- You have 2+ years of experience working directly in an enterprise-grade email service provider ( e.g.Iterable , Postmark, etc.)
- You have 1+ years of experience developing and executing A/B tests to drive conversion lift
- You have excellent written and verbal communication and can think creatively to solve problems.
- You enjoy and appreciate the creative aspects of marketing, such as brand building and visual design.
- You are known for being both patient and persistent and have 2+ years of experience working effectively within cross-functional teams both as a leader and a peer
- You have experience building new tools, systems, and processes within a quickly growing organization
- You have a high technical competency for the implementation of ESPs and related software.
- You know how to support and develop others and enjoy the process of leading initiatives or teams
- You have a strong attention to detail
At Outschool, we believe that taking care of one another enables us to do our best work. To us that means:
° Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and a 401k that makes saving for retirement easier.
° Health and Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.
° PTO and Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
° Remote First: With over 50% of our team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.
° Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
° Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established 501c3s, and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.