We are thrilled to announce Handshake’s $200M Series F funding round.
At Handshake, we believe that a career opportunity shouldn’t be determined by who you know or what you’ve done. It’s about what you can - and will - do. Your future, not your past. Our Series F fundraise and new valuation of $3.5B will fuel our next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. Handshake’s community includes 20 million students and young alumni around the world from 1,400 educational institutions, including four-year colleges, community colleges, boot camps, and 290+ minority-serving institutions. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 650,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, nonprofits, and even sports teams like the LA Dodgers. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London and teammates working globally.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is hiring a Lead Product Manager, Lifecycle. In this role you will ensure that the millions of students that use Handshake stay on top of their career search, no matter where they are in that journey.
With many students joining Handshake at the beginning of their college career, there is naturally a big shift in their needs over time (e.g. from looking at on-campus opportunities in their first year, internships for the summer and eventually full-time roles before graduation). You will work closely with our growing lifecycle marketing team to develop and build the strategy to enable channel experts (e.g. email, SMS, push) to engage students throughout their journey. You’ll ensure that we build the foundation for scale and personalization that is expected of a world class consumer product.
As the value of Handshake expands from students to all early talent, we will continue to invest in the Growth product group (i.e. acquisition, activation, retention) and this role can grow along side that.
- Squad leadership: work with your engineering, analytics and design partners to develop and execute your squad’s charter and roadmap.
- User Empathy: develop a deep understanding of the student career journey and identify key moments for Handshake to help them.
- Product Strategy: Build out a strategy for a scalable lifecycle notifications platform that enables our growing team of channel marketers (e.g. email, push, SMS) to keep students engaged, while also building out in-product experiences for user preferences and for driving valuable actions for students.
- Analysis and Opportunity assessment: Determine a leading indicator and other key metrics to measure success and develop a plan to achieve it.
- Experimentation: Continually experiment with new ideas, build upon them and share your learnings along the way.
- Collaboration: Work cross functionally with partners in lifecycle marketing as well across the other parts of the business (i.e. Employer and Education teams) to ensure a cohesive student experience across all touch points.
- 5+ years of product management experience, ideally in notifications or lifecycle marketing for a consumer scale product.
- User focused. You dive headfirst into understanding the needs of students and build products grounded in data and research.
- Strong systems and analytical thinker. Can connect the dots, spot challenges and edge cases, integrate multiple considerations.
- Experimentation mindset: You have demonstrable experience conducting experiments and a solid understanding of experimentation principles and how they can be applied to optimize and expedite growth.
Bonus Areas Of Expertise
- Previous experience in a consumer marketplace product
$170,000-$205,000, dependent on level and location
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Hub-Based Remote Work: Handshakers can enjoy the flexibility of remote work whilst ensuring in-person collaboration, and team experiences remain possible.
- Financial Management with Origin: We provide you with a professional financial planner via Origin to gain a better understanding of making the most of your compensation, equity, benefits, and perks.
- Paid Parental Leave: All new parents at Handshake (both birth and non-birth giving) are encouraged to take time to focus on their growing family and are eligible for paid family leave. US Handshakers are provided up to 16 weeks of paid family leave for birth-giving parents and 10 weeks for non-birth-giving parents.
- Mental Health Assistance: We are here to support you in every step of your mental health journey; our benefits include Employee Assistance Programs that offer counseling support for those eligible.
- Home Office Stipend: Handshake offers $500/£360 for you to spend on setting up a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- Team Bonding: Regularly scheduled virtual company-wide and team events! Once it’s safe, we’ll provide meaningful connection points throughout the year for Handshakers to build community and meet teammates in person.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future. Launching Spring 2022, Handshake will offer a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage.
- 2022 Time Off: All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. We also offer 8 standardized holidays, 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off, and 2 one-week periods of Collective Time Off (7/4-7/8/2022) and (12/26-12/30/2022).
- Pension: Handshake matches 3% of your salary towards your pension scheme.
- Healthcare: Handshake's comprehensive healthcare policy covers 100% of employee premiums & 100% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- 2022 Time Off: Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
Benefits above apply to employees in full-time positions.