As we enter our next stage of growth, we are looking for a lead email marketing specialist to join our dynamic and fast-growing team. In this role, you will take full ownership of our email and marketing campaigns and the services used to deliver and monitor them. You will develop a list segmentation and management strategy as well as guaranteeing compliance with delivery requirements and data protection laws and regulations.
You will own mission-critical customer touchpoints, including email, welcome sequences that onboard new users to our platform, as well as developing abandoned cart campaigns that will drive revenue, and customer win-back email sequences.
This role requires both an analytical and a marketing-driven approach. The ability to analyse data and make decisions based on that data is at the heart of this role. The role will also require the successful candidate to seek stakeholder engagement and feedback and to produce data-rich reports on all email and SMS campaigns.
- Take full ownership of the development and execution of email and SMS marketing programs and campaigns
- Drive user engagement activation and increase the lifetime value of our users
- Develop and manage marketing automation tools
- Construct workflows that define which users receive email and SMS campaigns and when they will receive them
- Concept design and launch new email marketing campaigns and sequences
- Construct and maintain a data-driven A/B testing schedule that drives continuous improvement across email and SMS campaigns
- Manage a constant and ongoing analysis of campaign performance that shows crucial insights and strategic learnings
- Assess and maintain the quality of email and SMS subscriber lists by following industry-standard list health management and deliverability best practices
- Develop and own audience segmentation and optimisation strategies
- Conduct rigorous, extensive testing and analysis of all email marketing campaigns including the creative layout, subject lines, open rates, click-through rates and audience segmentation performance to develop best practices for the ongoing optimisation of email campaigns
- Through stakeholder engagement and verification guarantee compliance with all relevant data protection laws and regulations with and ensure that creatives comply CAN-SPAM and other regulatory standards
- Develop and implement email campaign automation by creating and maintaining email triggers that react to customer life-cycle events
- Conduct regular in-depth reviews and generate reports on email effectiveness
- At least five years of email marketing experience with a focus on deliverability, laws, regulations and email marketing best practices
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong ownership, execution, and follow up skills, with a bias to action
- Experience with high-level email deployment platforms
- Exceptional attention to detail Combined with excellent organisational and project management skills
- Demonstrable ability to collect and analyse complex data
- Experienced in digital marketing, e-commerce and email marketing
- Strong HTML and CSS skills
- Knowledge of SMTP protocol and DNS
- Experience with email campaign management, including list segmentation, campaign creative asset deployment, testing, statistical significance testing, reporting and analysis
- Understanding of ISP/domain-specific delivery policies such as spam scoring heuristics, bounce handling rules and filtering logic
- Experience with email service providers
- Experience working with marketing automation tools
- Strong analytical skills with an understanding of Google Analytics
A resume and a cover letter are required.
Competitive remuneration A competitive salary package for your level of expertise.
Work/life balance Flexible working and 1 day WFH per week.
Food is fuel Free fruit, snacks and breakfast in the office.
Health is wealth Private healthcare
Travel opportunities With offices in both Lisbon and London, come and visit!
Work and play Plenty of social events and an awesome work environment - we're a truly friendly bunch!