We are looking for an email marketing thought leader who can develop the big-picture strategy as well as execute on that strategy.
The Lead, Email Marketing is responsible for the strategy and daily, end-to-end execution of email campaigns. This includes the full setup and QA of campaigns within our ESP, Salesforce Marketing Cloud. This role must be passionate about email and contributing to the development of exceptional audience experiences.
This position is an individual contributor role, reporting to the Sr. Digital Experience Marketing Manager.
- Create a master implementation plan for email journeys - sales and service - nurturing campaigns that align to email marketing best practices and deliver exceptional member experiences
- Proactively identify email marketing initiatives and processes that will optimize the channel’s performance
- Work with sponsor, stakeholders, Experience Design, Communications, Digital Experience, and Technology Services Office to ensure campaigns are aligned across all channels
- Be an effective team lead by demonstrating good communication, collaboration, reliability, accountability, flexibility, transparency, and commitment
- Execute & deliver projects on schedule with accuracy
- Communicate campaigns to other departments through Change Management, ensuring Retail Experience and Lending teams are prepared for member questions
- Manage necessary approvals for all content and project manage against deadlines
- Build and code emails with proper formatting and templates in partnership with Experience Design and Communications
- Identify most important KPIs and monitor, analyze, and report on to sponsors
- Manage the email calendar to balance product marketing, events, education, other communications, and prevent subscriber burnout
- Serve as our internal SME for all things email by keeping team members informed on the latest trends, news, and industry changes
- Develop strategic data-driven testing of member email programs to maximize campaign performance and isolate campaign driver effectiveness
- Implement effective A/B testing of different email components, including content and creative
- Own the QA process for creating, proofing, and getting approvals for email campaigns
- Drive email and retargeting innovation through audience segmentation & personalization strategies
- Continually review existing email nurture campaigns and develop testing strategies to optimize their performance
- Develop new audience segment insights that will be leveraged for campaign planning and testing
- Manage outside partners and vendors as needed
- Analyze and report on the impact of segmentation and campaign optimization tactics
- 4+ years of email marketing experience; B2C and B2B preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, related field or similar experience
- Experience coding and working knowledge of HTML, CSS on desktop and mobile
- Proficient copywriter. Excellent written and verbal communication with extremely high attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively and openly share ideas as part of a remote cross-functional team
- Experience with marketing automation platforms; Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Power BI
- Capable of quickly learning technical platforms that impact processes
- Project coordination skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and internal stakeholders
- Proven success working within tight deadlines and quick turnaround times
- Knowledge of email marketing measurement and metrics
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices and U.S. laws
- Self-motivated high achiever who can multitask, prioritize, plan work, and manage deadlines
- Agile methodology experience preferred
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
These include the ability to:
- sit and / or stand for entire work day
- bend / twist
For All Candidates
- You must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) before applying to a new internal position (unless you are otherwise identified as a critical need by executive leadership).
Wellby is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.