WELCOME TO A CAREER WITHOUT BOUNDARIES
A game-changer in the industry - and for your career: Celebrating 40 years as a leader in the industry, Royal Caribbean International has been Anchored In Excellence, and consistent in providing the best vacations for our guests. Our success is achieved through the incredible talent and collaboration of our shipboard teams, through our large and complex operations; and as we continue to grow and evolve as a company, we always challenge ourselves to innovate and exceed expectations.
Our vision is to empower and enable our EMPLOYEES to deliver the best vacation experience to our GUESTS, thereby generating superior returns to our STAKEHOLDERS and enhancing the wellbeing of our COMMUNITIES
The Lead, Pre-Cruise Email Marketing is responsible for spearheading all new and existing strategic projects in support of onboard revenue, with the primary objective of driving incremental product sales prior to the guest’s cruise departure.
This position oversees all email content, campaign strategy and related reporting - supporting the building of successful campaigns through segmentation, result analysis and consistent testing, learning, and optimization.
This role requires a strong day-to-day partnership with internal Business Intelligence, Hotel Operations, and e-commerce partners to evaluate ongoing business needs and deliver the best program possible to our guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key owner responsible for strategic development and execution of email marketing - both for planned ad-hoc campaigns and automated, always-on journeys
- Leads the optimization of the customer journey with ongoing analysis, testing, learning and reporting on findings.
- Partner with e-commerce teams to understand web and purchase behavior, informing recommendations and strategic plans for meeting guests with messaging and content based on where they are in their purchase journey.
- Partner with Business Intelligence to manage program reporting, Report and analyze channel/campaign/segmentation performance results against KPI goals. Proactively make recommendations based on program performance.
- Oversee the end-to-end development of emails working with cross-functional teams on content, segmentation, and journey building strategies.
- Act as main partner for integrated marketing channels, ensuring a holistic experience for strategic campaigns across all touchpoints.
- Oversee day-to-day activities for vendor partners responsible for email development and technical support.
- Work in partnership with web team on an ongoing basis to optimize lead generation efforts throughout the RoyalCaribbean.com website, which includes auditing creative and form placements, implementing AB tests.
- Responsible for escalating and resolving all data related issues by working closely with IT and Business Intelligence teams.
- Manages database health by monitoring deliverability, inbox placement, and IP reputation through the Return Path tools as well as executing best email practices.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Education: BS/BA in Marketing, Management or related field
- Experience: 5+ years of related experience with proven success driving CRM/eCRM strategy and implementing effective direct to consumer communication
- Strong experience in CRM and Consumer Analytics with a proven track record of driving CRM strategy and implementing effective email communications
- Experience with direct marketing metrics, segmentation, data analysis and response measurement
- Knowledge of email best practices including targeted lists, subject lines, messaging, deliverability and CAN-SPAM/anti-spam legislation, CCPA.
- Thinks strategically and holistically before diving in and managing the details
- Takes a consumer-centric approach to marketing that balances insights and evidence/data
- Proven ability to work within in cross-functional organization and manage complex production schedules.
- Project management: ability to manage multiple campaigns and cross-functional team members
- Execution: excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Approach: energy and enthusiasm to drive results; must be self-motivated, proactive, poised and flexible
- Industry knowledge: passionate about cruise/travel industry, eCommerce, CRM
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters and will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions.
Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon.
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.