At Charles Tyrwhitt our purpose is to “Make it easy for men to dress well”. The primary purpose of the Junior Marketing Manager – Email is to own both the strategy and execution for our UK, Australia and Rest of World email marketing activity. This role is responsible for the day-to-day management of email activity for these territories, working with a direct report to plan, execute and optimise marketing efforts to improve customer retention.
- Monitor the weekly trade performance for your territories, highlighting areas of opportunity and risk, working with the Senior Marketing Manager to put action plans in place.
- Oversee the end-to-end execution of all email marketing, ensuring all email campaigns are delivered on-time and error-free, offering assistance when necessary. Regularly reviewing processes to sure efficiency is optimised.
- Manage key stakeholders throughout the business, including Design, Copy, Product, Retail, Web and Tech teams to ensure consistency of marketing messages and user experience.
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager to build out seasonal strategy and testing plans for your territory, using past learnings to inform future strategy.
- Closely monitor email segments, continuously track KPIs to identify opportunities to improve retention rates and reduce churn.
- Work with territory owners throughout the business to regularly review in-market activity, ensuring email is aligned to the overarching territory strategy. Identifying opportunities to further optimise email through territory-specific strategy.
- Own the email marketing strategy for retail, co-ordinating efforts with the retail marketing calendar, ensuring that retail initiatives are supported through email and all comms are optimised for retail dominant customers in order to help improve footfall and increase cross-channel purchasing.
- Management of the Email Marketing Assistant, inspiring your direct report to work hard/efficiently, take on challenges and grow in their role. Creating SMART objectives and conducting performance reviews.
- 2-3 years working in an email marketing / CRM function (ideally within fashion retail)
- Experience working on international markets
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skillsHighly organised with exceptional planning and campaign management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Commercially minded and driven
- Highly analytical with the ability to translate data into actionable insight.
- Ability to think calmly and clearly when faced with issues
- Highly proactive with a willingness to go the extra mile
- A strong team player
- Previous line management experience preferred but not a requirement.
- Solid experience using an ESP – previous experience using Adobe Campaign is advantageous.
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Marketing (or relevant) Undergraduate degree – relevant experience will also be considered