When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The role sits within the CRM team and reports into the Senior CRM Strategy Manager. This is an important newly created role that will work across Deliveroo CRM, marketing, transactional, restaurant and Rider emails. The candidate will have a mixture of responsive design and technical skills including exceptional HTML email template build understanding, capability and experience, as well as a basic understanding of data structure. The role can span from designing and creating responsive emails, website pages, online landing pages, targeted DM campaigns, in-app messages, digital banners and infographics.
They will play a key role in the CRM team by building robust email templates and campaigns including dynamic modules through the email service provider and managing the data required for personalisation.
- Developing email design concepts from scratch through to build
- Producing static and animated banner ads, landing pages and online forms, responsive website pages and content
- Creating and maintaining dynamic email content and templates, including the use of data values for personalisation, dynamic creative and offer variations.
- Providing a problem solving and ‘point of escalation’ technical support function with regards to resolving email rendering and appearance issues
- Proofing all email campaigns, ensuring rendering is correct
- Ensuring accurate, consistent and timely completion of email builds
- Producing effective, responsive email designs and builds from scratch in HTML5, CSS3 and retrieving data from JSON objects
- Manage internal and external tracking applied to all campaigns
- Experience with JSON objects
- Establish best practices for exceptional email deliverability across multiple IPs and resolve any delivery issues
- Monitor email activity to proactively identify problems, and measure brand performance relative to spam complaints, bounces, spam traps, blacklisting and spam/junk filtering
- Testing for spam scoring and rendering across all major email clients and browsers
- You should have a great understanding of web and mobile design, with a focus on e-mail
- Previous experience in client or agency-side email team producing strong HTML emails
- Experience of design and layout - fluency with Photoshop, typography and image optimisation
- Ability to develop re-usable code and modular templates
- Expertise in all aspects of email marketing including coding, deliverability, bounce handling, etc.
- Familiarity with Braze is a bonus
- Excellent attention to detail and QA experience
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain/justify solutions to non-technical people