Jellysmack is the global creator company that detects and develops the world's most talented video creators on social media. We're an optimistic crew who naturally goes the extra mile, has a glass-half-full mindset, and sees challenges as opportunities. We look for positive people who think outside the box, are inventive, bold, lead change, and believe that teamwork matters.
The Team Culture
The Marketing team is responsible for all aspects of the Jellysmack brand image. From our bold visual identity to our memorable name, we make sure that the world views Jellysmack as a visionary tech-first company that is shaping the future of the creator ecosystem. On any given day, the marketing team will be overseeing website development for a new product, creating materials to help sign new creator partners, securing exclusive news stories with top publishing outlets, sponsoring an industry panel at a creator conference, shooting a new brand campaign, putting together media plans, organizing exciting milestone gifts for our partners, and engaging with our community on social (and that’s just before lunch). We work cross-functionally across the organization which means we get to communicate with teams from France in the morning, Australia in the evening, and everyone else in between. We’re a supportive and collaborative crew who works hard, gets things done fast, and holds ourselves to the highest standards, all while having fun along the way.
HTML Email Marketing Developer
at Jellysmack you’ll be responsible for successful campaign production for all email campaign templates. You will have experience with creating dynamic and responsive content within multiple ESPs, particularly Pardot. This role will be instrumental in building the email marketing program from a technical standpoint and growing it into a best-in-class experience. You will work closely with our CRM team members, graphic designers, and our product marketing team, and you will have direct influence on creating department processes and workflow.
This candidate must have experience in email development, including coding emails using HTML and CSS, conducting rendering testing across email clients and mobile devices, as well as some light work on design modification and image creation. You will code emails using HTML and CSS with email best in class. You will be responsible for coding emails for responsive design and optimize emails for mobile devices, be able to QA all emails using a rendering tool, have strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities, and experience executing complex email campaigns in Pardot. Additionally, this role will need to have an understanding of email platform functionality (Pardot), data integration/APIs, CAN-SPAM, and email best practices.
As the HTML Email Marketing Developer, your core responsibilities will include:
- Coding emails using HTML and/or CSS. Including the proofing and testing of the creative content for accuracy to meet and exceed email standards
- Developing and maintaining dynamic content libraries and assigning them to customer attributes through coordination of coding within the ESP and coordination with our data partners
- Collaborating with other teams to identify and execute testing strategies (creative set-up, data mapping)
- Identifying best practices and areas of improvement for email marketing initiatives.
- Working closely with our CRM Campaign Manager to produce email sends in support of our business - inclusive of coding all emails, and with our Campaign Manager, Product team, and Product Marketing team to capture links for CTAs and to append tracking parameters for Google Analytics
- Working within ESP to develop functional email templates designed around a mobile-friendly customer experience (optimized for all devices)
- Contributing to end-to-end content development process improvements, creating and updating documentation, and maintaining content libraries
- Testing, optimization and debugging email content for deliverability and rendering.
- Overseeing email quality assurance to confirm that all details, links, spelling, content are correct, working closely with teams to facilitate QA
- Troubleshooting technical issues with or without the help of an email service provider representative, if problems arise with tracking, implementation or deployment of email campaigns
- Solving design and production needs while applying brand standards and industry best practices
- Working closely with the Campaign Manager to ensure all work is done on schedule and providing updates when things become at risk
- Reviewing assets and providing feedback in a timely manner if adjustments or new assets are needed
- Managing individual workload through the job intake system to ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner and communicate effectively when complexity or bandwidth demand otherwise
- Ensuring final templates are delivered without errors
- Owning regular email competitive analysis and tracking to keep the team abreast of trends in the space
- Collaborating with managing stakeholders and prioritizing deliverables across teams.
- Partnering with third-party vendors as needed
The ideal candidate for this role has experience being responsible for the development, support, maintenance, and deployment of dynamically composed, personalized and electronic communications (email and landing pages) in partnership with a wide range of internal message sponsors including marketing, product owners, partnerships, and success.
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in a development or email marketing role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design, Marketing, or Business Communications, or successful completion of a reputable Coding Bootcamp or similar level of programming knowledge
- Strong experience with Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and animated gifs
- Must be proficient in modern email best practices, including responsive layouts and mobile-first web design, with a willingness to research and learn new practices
- Proficiency in a marketing automation environment such as Pardot (preferred), Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Iterable, Braze
- General understanding of visual design principles
- Advanced knowledge of a variety of Email Service Providers
- Knowledge of email metrics reporting from ESPs and Google Analytics
- Experience with monday.com, Jira, or other project management tools, preferred
- Passion for digital marketing and understanding of email concepts, design and best practices
- Experience with email testing strategy and set-up (A/B test)
- Understanding of design and layout best practices in a digital environment and within email architecture
- Ability to understand system architecture and platform capabilities
- Experienced in navigating cross-functional relationships within and outside an organization
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills and is able to work with internal departments to realize their objectives
- Strong ability to analyze problems and devise practical solutions
- Able to cope with job pressure and ambiguity, and comfortable operating against rigorous deadlines
- Enjoy and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial work environment
- Thrive in an environment that requires giving, receiving, and managing clear and direct feedback on a daily basis
- Excited by the opportunity to work with cross-functional teams and vendors around the world, in different time zones
Jellysmack believes in a flexible work environment in which anyone can work from anywhere. This is why we’ve implemented our flexible location philosophy, meaning you get the best of both worlds: you can choose to work from home and /or from our offices in Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Corti.
In order to make sure you get the best working environment, you will get a $300 / EUR 250 allowance to get set up!
- Early Summer release Fridays
- Paid volunteering: 1 day dedicated to supporting a cause of your choice
- Company sponsored wellness programs and events
- Competitive Healthcare coverage
- 401K match
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion at Jellysmack, we believe that the best ideas come from the diverse cultures of our team members. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day. Creating a work culture that is safe and comfortable for our people to flourish is our main focus.
Jellysmack’s story started in 2016, and since then, our unrivaled platform optimizes and distributes video content across social media platforms and allows creators to reach genuine new fans with zero effort. We are the only company building the hyper-engaged communities that every creator dreams of because, first and foremost, we are creators too.
Creatives ourselves, we’re home to over 550 influential creators, including Derek Deso, Karina Garcia, Brad Mondo, MrBeast, Bailey Sarian, and Patrick Starrr. Jellysmack optimizes, operates, and distributes creator-made video content to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube. The company’s creator strategy builds upon its success in scaling its own original content channels in beauty (Beauty Studio), soccer (Oh My Goal), gaming (Gamology), and more.
Through the power of our data, we maximize reach and revenue so our creators stay focused on their passion—creating the best content for their global fan bases. We turn that passion into a brand and that brand into an empire.
Ready to be part of a great human adventure?
We’re dedicated to making the best working environment possible for our people. All you have to do is apply; we are ready to let you show off your talent!