Flo is the most popular health & fitness app globally, used by 200+ million women around the world, with 43 million monthly active users.
At Flo, we've created a unique mobile product to help women put themselves first. Using the power of data science, AI, and the knowledge of 100+ medical experts, Flo supports women during their entire reproductive lives and provides curated cycle and ovulation tracking, personalized health insights, expert tips, and a private community to share questions and concerns.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Retention to lead our Lifecycle Marketing team and shape our user communication strategy.
You will be responsible for managing and optimising end to end customer journeys including onboarding, subscription triggered comms, nurturing programs, churn mitigation, etc. The aim is to maximise subscription rate, grow customer retention and prevent churn.
This is a cross-functional role and the successful candidate will work closely with Product, MarTech, Analytics, designers and other teams. You can build strong partnerships with your stakeholders, negotiate and influence them. Comfortable operating in a fast-moving and data driven environment, you'll be a key player contributing to the growth of the company.
What you'll be doing:
- Define the vision and strategy for engaging and retaining our users, and leading our user communication efforts for our free and premium users
- Improve the performance of our existing push and emails programs and launch new initiatives to unlock our retention growth.
- Oversee all reporting and analytics related to user communication and retention
- Partner with our martech team to design and develop efficient internal tools and processes
- Liaise with internal stakeholders in Brand, Product and Marketing to develop robust and consistent user journeys.
- Continuously evaluate and expand our CRM channels and journeys based on audience preferences, business needs and channel effectiveness
- Liaise with Finance and Analytics teams to forecast and report on team's impact.
- Lead and coach a growing team of 5 marketing managers.
What we're looking for:
- 6 years in CRM/retention/lifecycle marketing experience in global tech set-ups, with 1-2 years in a leadership position
- Deep curiosity about the retention dynamics of Flo users, what keeps them happy, and what might cause them to disengage
- Passionate about delightful user experiences and connected journeys. Previous experience with customer segmentation, user journey mapping, personalization through editorial and automation strategies
- Ability to think strategically and creatively: You are fully proficient on CRM metrics across channels and feel comfortable extracting insights from the data. You can synthesize, recommend and take actions
- Storyteller - you have deep empathy for users and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage different audiences. You can bridge quantitative and qualitative insights and build an effective message.
- You have a diligent attention to detail, strong technical and numerical intuition
- Have experience with marketing platforms, HTML/CSS, Looker, Amplitude, SQL
- Demonstrate self-motivation, independent initiative and creative problem-solving
Nice to have:
- Experience working with a subscription business model
The strength of Flo is built on the capability of its talent. In recognition of this we offer:
- Top of the market salaries
- Career growth, progression and promotion opportunities
- Eligibility for annual salary increases
- Unlimited access to Udemy Business learning platform
- Company equity grants through Flo's employee share option plan (ESOP) eligible to all employees
Flo is an international team of highly skilled top talent. We have ambitious and challenging objectives and are committed to granting our team the freedom to explore. Our core cultural values are based on engaging teamwork, continuous improvement, and smart transparency. Our mission fuels our everyday work, and we're proud of the impact we're making.
Build the future of women's health with us.
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.